Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

pioneer FH-P8000BT

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default pioneer FH-P8000BT

Anyone have a pioneer FH-P8000BT or know how to work the bluetooth thing on it??
Old 02-25-2010, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

has it not been connecting or is it just not working all together? i have one but ive never had a problem with it
Old 02-25-2010, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have one also and started having problem with it dialing after you start the car, but the phone is not doing anything also it doesn't wanna connect to make a call sometimes
Old 02-25-2010, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't even seem to get it to connect to my phone so i can use it. it gives me the error pretty often. that one error when you use the telephone function.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try to tell me more about your problem. i have the same radio installed. lemme try to help.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i want to use the telephone feature on my deck. i got the microphone hooked up and everything but when i select it sometimes the "error 10" comes up. and when i looked it up on the manual, it tells me to turn the car off and turn it on again. That's great and all, but when I'm driving, that's not exactly something i can do conveniently...and when i do get it "connected" it doesn't find my iphone blue tooth and my iphone won't discover the deck. when i had my g1 it had no problem.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by supaguy
i want to use the telephone feature on my deck. i got the microphone hooked up and everything but when i select it sometimes the "error 10" comes up. and when i looked it up on the manual, it tells me to turn the car off and turn it on again. That's great and all, but when I'm driving, that's not exactly something i can do conveniently...and when i do get it "connected" it doesn't find my iphone blue tooth and my iphone won't discover the deck. when i had my g1 it had no problem.
ive never seen error 10 but ill take ur word for it. i have the iphone 3g. under my bluetooth menu it says PIONEER W-DIN BT. what does urs say? ill reset my bluetooth memory and reset it if you want.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wait a minute supaguy. the telephone function on the deck is automatic. when you want to make a call, turn on iphone speakerphone and select the pioneer bluetooth device. does this help? you have to have your phonebook dl'd into the deck first so you can use speed dial only. ive never been able to dial out from the remote.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill try resetting the bluetooth on the phone. but im still getting the error
Old 03-26-2010, 02:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scinergy

Having seen tons of problems with head units and cellphones and their bluetooth connections, I have a few questions.

The phone isn't an ipwn is it? Funny question yes, but I've seen where the bluetooth will not sync with some revisions even though it shouldn't matter what release of Bluetooth hardware is being used. There might be a solution to this though. The problem is, apple might say the head unit is defective before it looks further into the problems of the connectivity between the two. Might be worth going to one of those fruit bars and speaking with the brilliant people who only know apple products and showing them the defectiveness first hand.

Try connecting with any other hardward to the head unit besides the phone. Also, try connecting the phone to the same piece of hardware that connects to the head unit. This will verify the problem is between the communication of the ipwn and the head unit but the communications are normal otherwise.

I'd be willing to bet the problem is related to the revision of the hardware bluetooth communications chips.

(If you couldn't tell, I really hate apple and apple products... so take my snide with a salt lick.)
Old 03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a good point. my iphone 3g is up to date. i have not, however, updated the firmware on the unit itself. supaguy, try this. all u need is a flash drive and the updates from pioneer. i should have thought of this before because it may have not been configured to connect with iphone 3g. just another thought.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:51 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

having trouble looking for the software for it
Old 03-27-2010, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ahhhh
Old 03-27-2010, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is frustrating. not you. the internet....
Old 03-27-2010, 02:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive found that i actually cannot dial numbers. i figured i would never try. but i just did after you raised the issue. im calling pioneer monday. if i dont post the link please remind me. ill ask about the firmware updates and tell them i have the same phone as you but have a similar problem. anything else you want me to ask them supaguy?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ask about the error 10 too. the trouble shooter doesn't really help on that
Old 03-29-2010, 05:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default message to pioneer

i sent this message to pioneer service dept:
a friend and i both have the p8000bt headunit. great unit by the way. i have an iphone 3g and so does he. BUT we cannot dial out from the remote/telephone function through bluetooth. i can connect and send and receive phone calls from my phone. BUT he cannot even connect his phone the the unit. i was wondering where i can find firmware updates for the p8000bt so he can possibly make telephone function worthwhile. please call if possible
(note mention of friend in order to be as friendly as possible... HA! AND i assumed you have the 3g model iphone so im guessing the 2g and 3gg models have the same bluetooth radio)

error 10 has to do with a hardware connection failure. i dunno if it's the bluetooth transponder or not but we'll see. i tried calling them but im assuming they are in a different time zone. ill call after noon today.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude what a ___k! that guy was either right or just rude and wrong. "ok ok yeah, yeah, ok umhmm" was his sign-off... ok he said try connecting to other bluetooth headunits. try to get other phones connected to your unit. if you cant get other phones to connect, its a bad bt transponder. if you cant connect to other bluetooth devices, its the phone. but i was like we have the same damn phone and mine works, his doesnt. he said well error 10 means the hardware isnt connecting to the phone. question, does the phone even recognize the unit or is there nothing at all? what im thinkin is if it recognizes the signature from the unit, the unit's bluetooth radio ($135) is shot. ahhh service reps are ridic sometimes...