Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pioneer GEX-P900XM XM Satellite Radio Tuner???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member

Default Pioneer GEX-P900XM XM Satellite Radio Tuner???

Does anyone know if this unit is compatible with the 6CD/MP3 Scion HU?

GEX-P900XM
Old 01-31-2004, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Unfortunatley no. I have the same reciever from my old vehicle. The factory XM and HU use a propriety plug (meaning they wanted only the factory reciever to hook up to the HU). I'm having mine installed next weekend with a new HU. And you can't go to Best Buy to have installed because they don't have a kit to make the HU fit. Plus they wouldn't mount the XM receiver under the passenger seat like the factory would be mounted. They wanted to mount it on the back of my seat! I decided to take to the only audio store in Hampton Roads that I knew had installed one. You could try Circuit City, but I'm sure it may be the same thing there. They say its a custom install. I say they just need to install it correctly. Good luck on finding someone if you decide to go with a new HU.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by BMarle
Unfortunatley no. I have the same reciever from my old vehicle. The factory XM and HU use a propriety plug (meaning they wanted only the factory reciever to hook up to the HU). I'm having mine installed next weekend with a new HU. And you can't go to Best Buy to have installed because they don't have a kit to make the HU fit. Plus they wouldn't mount the XM receiver under the passenger seat like the factory would be mounted. They wanted to mount it on the back of my seat! I decided to take to the only audio store in Hampton Roads that I knew had installed one. You could try Circuit City, but I'm sure it may be the same thing there. They say its a custom install. I say they just need to install it correctly. Good luck on finding someone if you decide to go with a new HU.
You go to OCean Audio?

Doc
Old 01-31-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is where I'm going next Saturday at 10am. I met with them last week. I first went to BB because of free install. Ocean Audio now has my business as long as all goes well. Their xB wasn't there when I went, but I hear its great!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:06 PM
5 Year Member

That's unfortunate, the Scion XM unit is over $400 and IMO XM is just not worth it.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree too much! I've actually grown to like the factory unit and would have upgraded to the 6 disc IF my XM receiver would have hooked up to it.
Old 01-31-2004, 11:29 PM
5 Year Member

I agree too much! I've actually grown to like the factory unit and would have upgraded to the 6 disc IF my XM receiver would have hooked up to it.
Wait, do you mean the factory XM won't connect to the factory 6CD upgrade?

I thought the XM unit, SAT Tuner/Antenna Part #: PT546-52040, would work with either of the Scion HU's.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No HgSpyder, factory XM and any factory Scion HU WILL work! Pioneer's "aftermarket" XM-900 and XM-910 will NOT hook up to the factory HU.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member

No HgSpyder, factory XM and any factory Scion HU WILL work! Pioneer's "aftermarket" XM-900 and XM-910 will NOT hook up to the factory HU.
OK, don't scare me like that.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sorry dude :D
Old 02-03-2004, 03:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am STILL awaiting an adapter for the proprietary toyota IP bus to the standard XM IP bus.
If you guys find anything, please PM me!
Old 02-04-2004, 08:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default New technology....

For those who want Satellite Radio in their cars with the stock unit....

Sirius has just released the Soundgate Device, which is compatible with all sat ready receivers
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040203/nytu193_1.html

XM has had the "XM Direct" system out which does the same thing for a few months now. I believe it runs between $100-150