Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pioneer radio '06 xB station-shifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Pioneer radio '06 xB station-shifting

if this was covered before I couldn't find it...Left a post about it on ScionWorld Yahoo.

Got a low miles 06 xB still under warranty. The radio, which I think is the basic one which comes with the car: Pioneer, with CD/MP3 player and iPod jack in the center console.

This radio jumps frequencies spontaneously. I can be listening to 88.1 or 91.3 and all of a sudden the audio changes to a hissing noise, I look at the display and it shows 88.3 or 91.5 (etc -- you get the picture).

Someone on ScionWorld said Toyota was aware of this and that there was a recall. I did a search on the web and didn't find anything about that. Also called one of the dealers here and they didn't know anything about it.

Anyone here have more info on this? It is kind of annoying.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...hange+channels
Old 11-29-2007, 06:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This was a very common problem with some of the first 2006 scions but was later fixed, we call these newer models 2006.5's. You must have goten one of the old ones with the problem. Scion released an TSB (not a recall because you have to complain to get it fixed) on the problem, you can read the TSB here: (courtesy of Tomas) http://tijil.org/Scion_TSBs/ax00206r.pdf

There is a whole post about this problem, you check it out here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95764

The dealer should fix this for free if your car is still under warrenty, if they say they don't know anything about it then they are lying! because as dealers they have to eat the cost of replacing it. If your head unit doesn't have the black dot on it they need to replace it asap.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I *believe* it was just for the single **** base model HU. The upgrade ipod HU were fine IIRC.

Originally Posted by SanchezHacker
There is a whole post about this problem, you check it out here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95764
^^Yup, same thread I linked to.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, guess you beat me to it, were no other posts when I started typing. But really, that link should be a sticky at the top of the Scion I.C.E. I see more questions about the stereos than most other things.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The dealer should fix this for free if your car is still under warrenty, if they say they don't know anything about it then they are lying! because as dealers they have to eat the cost of replacing it. If your head unit doesn't have the black dot on it they need to replace it asap
They're suppose to.....but they don't. I complained about the radio doing the exact same thing with the inbetween station change, and I got such an attitude....especially when I showed them the tsb......eh, mine only did it first thing in the morning on a really cold morning last winter and hasn't done it all summer long.....too late for me anyway since I have a system hooked up to the stock headunit.