Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Question about DVD/Video output in 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 02:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Question about DVD/Video output in 3.0

So I have the 3.0 edition with the Apline HU w/DVD and the 2 screens in the headrests of the front seats and I was curious about being able to add a screen somewhere in the front so it can be viewed by the front passenger during trips. It's such a tease to ride shotgun when the back is full and only be able to hear the movie.

Logic would tell me that wherever the video output from the HU is going to the two screens, that I could somehow split that and put the video output to another screen I add in the front.

Anyone have any experience with this or any suggestions? Hell even something like a sun visor with an LCD in it would be cool. Something that would enable the front passenger to enjoy too. I figure since the DVD player is already there, it should just be a matter of adding a screen and tapping into the video signal and powering the screen...

Help a brotha out...
Old 08-29-2006, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For now what I've been doing works, but it's totally ghetto.

I have a portable DVD player with both audio and video output jacks. I run the audio output to the AUX input of the 3.0 so the sound comes through the system. Then I just sit the thing on the dash area above the glove box. It folds completely flat so I'm able to kinda open the glove box and rest it on there. It's powered by the cig lighter adapter...

If anyone is in the rear, I can run the video output to the input on the headrest screen and select source 2. This lets both front and rear passengers watch and hear a movie through the system.

But like I said...it's pretty ghetto rigged and wires running all over.