Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Question about sunvisor monitors

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2005, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Default Question about sunvisor monitors

Has anyone put TVs in their sun visors? If so, how easy was it, where did the wiring go, and did they even fit in the stock sun visor? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Instead of installing monitors in the stock visor just buy the visors with the monitors already insatalled. You can get to visors with monitors for less than $200 on ebay.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

The ones I have seen have the monitors already installed in the visors. Unless of course you have custom covered viosrs.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I often wonder if in a accident, what would happen, if they were down, let's say...

Would they smash the face up pretty good? I would think so.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just ordered some soundstream visors. it comes with a mirror and a cosmetic light, just for the ladies who ride in my "plain jane" box.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE
I often wonder if in a accident, what would happen, if they were down, let's say...

Not really. They are still on a hinge and if you are wearing a seat belt your head should pivot downwards towards the dash.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yea, i'm no automotive expert but the only case id see something like that happening is on say...an xa perhaps? and you have to be one tall individual at that
Old 08-23-2005, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE

Well if the sunvisor is in front of your face I can probably guess why an accident happened Never seen anyone hit there head ona sun visor unless Andrew the Giant was driving.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by katchkillah
i just ordered some soundstream visors. it comes with a mirror and a cosmetic light, just for the ladies who ride in my "plain jane" box.
That's nice: one with a mirror and light. I'll have to get something like that for my baby. Let me know how it turns out please. How you like the monitor and the p/n.

Back to the question, I installed one in a Dodge Ram visor and it wasn't hard at all. Whichever you want to go, it isn't hard. Having stuff installed by others is overcharged and overrated. The systems I put in this Ram would of been about $4k installed, I paid a little over $1k.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:15 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I'm very happy with my pyle plvs7hm. I've got 4 of them in my car, and plan to put many more. I sell them for $180 here: http://www.oznium.com/plvs7hm

I'm not sure how much work you are looking to do, but you can just throw it together fairly quick with these since they come with a few styles of shrouds.

I made a very detailed how-to guide with many photos. Check it out here: http://www.oznium.com/articles/11

I guarantee these screens are an exception to the ____ty Pyle name. I was weary when I bought them. I want do do it right the first time. If I wan't happy with them I would just sell them on ebay and go with Clarion for $400. I am happy with them, and they are at a good price. I have 4 in my car, and plan to put more.

In my opinion those universal fit/premade visors are very ugly, I'd never put them in my ride. If they work for you, that is good

Old 10-27-2005, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member

OK I have a question about TV sunvisors. All the ones I ever see for sale are 36cm long, which is 14 inches. Now I measured my sunvisors in an xB, and they are 18 inches long. My friend bought a pair of the 14 inch long sunvisors and said they wouldn't hook on the latch because they weren't long enough. Is there some place that sells the longer ones, or is there some way to move the hook so the shorter visors can latch on? Any help would be appreciated.