Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Question: BMW X5 Projectors HID

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Question: BMW X5 Projectors HID

Hey Guys,
I just found out that I will have access to another car for 2 weeks in febuary, so this will give me an opportunity to remove my headlights and spend time on a retro fit with out having to by a new set of headlight housings so i can still drive my tC. I wanted to get started in purchasing equipment so i could spread the cost over time. Here's the question. I am thinking about buying some X5 projectors. This will be my first retro fit attempt and i've done all the research. What I want to know is will the X5 set up fit in my car? the picture, as you can see, includes projectors, ballasts, bulbs, and what looks to be some sort of DS2 bulb holder. The holders look pretty big and I don't think I have room for them. Can someone tell me if these are holders, and if they are not, what are they? Also are they necessary? Here is the pic

It seems like I have everything I need here. Does anyone know about X5 projectors, what brand they are: valeo, phillips, bosch, stanley? If they have good color output?
Thanx for all the help guys.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

A quick response would be appreciated because I have less than 2 days to decide if I want these.