Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Question - Sub Eye Candy

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member

Default Question - Sub Eye Candy

Hey all,

Been trying to piece together an audio setup for my box - when it comes down to it, i'm car audio illiterate. I've got a bunch of brand new items from a friend who didnt need them - from clarion speakers and kicker subs to an audiobahn amp. However, I would like it all to match, perhaps brand-wise, color scheme-wise.

So to the point. My color scheme is black and blue - got some blue cathodes running throughout the ride - and I'd like to have a couple subs mounted inverted. Not sure of the correct term, but I can't seem to find any subs with a gnarly lookin' magnet structure. I dig the fusion structure:

http://www.fusioncaraudio.com/admin/...che=1536194989

But the green just wont work. Could anyone out there recommend some nice subs and maybe anything else that'll work out.

Much thanks.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:51 PM
UV7
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Judging by your questions, I would say you are more interested in appearance than sound quality. From that standpoint, anything can be anodized, powdercoated, or painted to color-match your taste if you are willing to pay for it.
Plan your stereo system to accomodate your tastes. If you want more flash than sound quality, Audiobahn does make some pretty designs, although I haven't been a huge fan of their performance. Stinger makes some nice-looking accessories that meet your "blue" taste.
Hit your local stereo shop and get a good look and listen at what is out there.
If you choose to go with something that will sound better, there are a number of great manufacturers out there that make great-sounding products... Alpine, Eclipse, JL Audio, some Elemental Designs, Infinity, MB Quart, Focal, Boston Acoustics, just to name a few. Most of these manufacturers spend more time on engineering a better-sounding product rather than on flash and appearance, although they are not necessarily "bad" looking products either.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:21 PM
5 Year Member

thanks for that - will look into the designs and hopefully i'll get quality out of it as well.