Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Randode cold cathode kit and my LEDs *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Randode cold cathode kit and my LEDs *pics*

Here's pics of Randode's cold cathode light kit - turned out awesome and it was an easy kit to work with. Gave me incentive to add some LEDs and other interior lighting.

Randode's kit is installed per instructions and uses the power tap and switch included. But all the LEDs and the pedals are powered from a terminal strip connected to the battery. All of those are wired to just one of the terminals (total of 5 terminals on the strip, each with a 3A fuse) and are powered on and off by a switch next to the E-brake. Forgot to get a pic of the switch, but it's a blue toggle switch that lights up.

Also shown in some of the pics is my PocketPC that runs my GPS apps (top left corner). My new XM portable is also shown mounted to the cubby hole door. The antenna is mounted under the spoiler and the cable is ran inside along the rear door, then under the center console, up through the dash and then out the blank switch cover. I drilled a hole through the 3rd blank switch cover and the antenna wire, power and input cable came out that hole and plug directly into the XM cradle. Very stealth, no wires are visible. The mount is screwed into the cubby because the 3M tape could not hold the weight and pressure when inserting and removing the radio from the cradle.

Cold cathode lights on and XM radio can be seen. (Power adapter sitting in front of the cup holders has not been mounted yet)

This pic shows the PocketPC (top left), vent LEDs, 3" neon in the radio dash kit cubby, XM, lighted pedals, drink holder LEDs and barely the cigarette lighter adapter that lights blue.

Just another angle of the shot above:

Here's a shot of the cathode lights and LEDs on - ignore the dirty floor mats, it's been raining a lot here.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Those cold cathodes are amazing. I'm thinking of getting white one, purely for function and not show.

How difficult was the installation? and you get 4 tubes right? Did you put 1 under the dash and 1 under the seat, or all underneath the dash?
Old 10-17-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

u coulda gotten yer cathodes from oznium.com for waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. but other than that looks great.

http://www.oznium.com/cathode-kit
Old 10-17-2005, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KINGxOFxSKA
u coulda gotten yer cathodes from oznium.com for waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper. but other than that looks great.
The great thing about the Randode kit is that it is "Plug and Play", with easy to follow instructions and it comes with everything you need.....
Old 10-17-2005, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE!!!!
Old 10-17-2005, 05:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Yes, I know I could've gotten a cathode setup for cheaper. But I was very happy with the quick installation and knowing I had all the parts needed. Sometimes time is more valuable than money, and I have a lot of home remodeling projects going on right now. My wife had been wanting the lights, so this was an easy way to be sure I got everything I needed at once. Barely took and hour to install too. Plus I also ordered a 3rd brake light overlay and ground wire kit from Randode as well. So it was a nice one stop shopping deal.

However...had I known that the cathodes would lead me to do all those LEDs and other mods....then I certainly would've bought all the parts myself.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by hayalex6
Those cold cathodes are amazing. I'm thinking of getting white one, purely for function and not show.

How difficult was the installation? and you get 4 tubes right? Did you put 1 under the dash and 1 under the seat, or all underneath the dash?
Yup, got the 4 cathodes. 2 for under the dash on the driver and passenger side and one under each front seat to light up the back.

Very easy to install and it's a neat, clean install with no visible wires.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by KINGxOFxSKA

http://www.oznium.com/cathode-kit
Thats how i did mine, but i would highly suggest a Randode Kit, he does a great job with them, and his other stuff is kick ___ too!