Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion tC iPod setup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2005, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Scion tC iPod setup?

I've hooked up my iPod to my tC using a Neo Ion kit, but now I'm having trouble with the setup. Everything works properly, but there is still one thing wrong: there's no place for the wire that's connected to the iPod to pass through. When I try to put back the upper part of the console, the wire is sanwiched under and I'm worried it'll malfunction over time if it's kept squeezed like that. Can anyone help me on this one? If you have an iPod hooked to your tC, a pic and/or any help is definitely appreciated.
Old 03-06-2005, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

perhaps you could run it under console that covers the gearshift--between the gearshift panel and carpet...
Old 03-06-2005, 10:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

Try running it through the ebrake slot. That might work.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by glitterboy
I have the iPod dock connector from the Alpine iPod interface coming from the ebrake area. Works great!
Old 03-06-2005, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by sonic_va
Originally Posted by glitterboy
I have the iPod dock connector from the Alpine iPod interface coming from the ebrake area. Works great!
Sounds good, but is it easy to pull off, or maybe a pro might have to do it? Also, is there a chance of having a pic of it ?
Old 03-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned

drill a small hole...
Old 03-08-2005, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by XBman
drill a small hole...
I thought about doing that, but decided to strike it. Still thinking about passing the wire though the area with the emergency brake, but it seems hard to accomplish.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'll be drilling a hole for my mp3 player in a few weeks, i'll post pictures if i remember.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

anyone got pics of their ipod setup? :D
Old 03-08-2005, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member

I'm desperate for cd quality sound from my Ipod.
I tried the Monster setup that hooks up to the lighter, but it sounded far worse than I imagined.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by spydur
I'm desperate for cd quality sound from my Ipod.
I tried the Monster setup that hooks up to the lighter, but it sounded far worse than I imagined.
change your HU to either Alpine or Pioneer and grab the iPod adaptor(I dunno if the pioneer is out already but I know the alpine is)

check out alpine's website
www.alpine1.com
Old 03-08-2005, 01:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That Neo Ion kit can you control all the ipods functions from the radio? Do you see the text, like song title and all that good stuff?
Old 03-08-2005, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have my iPod connector run under the console. Then I took the armrest off and there's a "secret compartment" inside where the armrest connects to the console. I stuffed the rest of the wiring in there, and drilled a small hole to the inside of the center console where the other power outlet is. So I just put the iPod in there.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Hitm@n
That Neo Ion kit can you control all the ipods functions from the radio? Do you see the text, like song title and all that good stuff?
Unfortunately stuff like song title isn't displayed (if it's possible, I'm not sure how to do it, maybe it'll show text if you're using an aftermarket cd player). However, you can control the iPod from the radio, controlling functions like changing the current song and increasing or decreasing volume, things like that.
Old 03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SnakeEyez
Still thinking about passing the wire though the area with the emergency brake, but it seems hard to accomplish.
There's definitely a better HOW TO out there than the one I'm about to give you.. But, I can't find it right now, so... Oh, well!

1. remove shift ****
2. remove panel section around shift **** .. pinch and pull on the top two parts below the center controls, then work your way back, and pull the sides near the ebrake towards the back of the car.
3. pull e-brake up, and pull that section up by the change tray -- Yeah, you have to pull really hard for this one.. it's stubborn -- make sure your change tray is closed and your cup holders are empty!! . Once you get it.. work your way back.

Hope this helps!

Personally, I'm running my PIE auxuillary to the arm rest box where it'll plug into a Belkin charger with the line out near the charger... that way, all I have is the 'dock cable' to connect when I want to listen. No controls through the stereo, but that's fine with me. I can hold the iPod or its remote in my hand!

Hope it works for ya!

-K
Old 03-08-2005, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by k_splay
Still thinking about passing the wire though the area with the emergency brake, but it seems hard to accomplish.
There's definitely a better HOW TO out there than the one I'm about to give you.. But, I can't find it right now, so... Oh, well!

1. remove shift ****
2. remove panel section around shift **** .. pinch and pull on the top two parts below the center controls, then work your way back, and pull the sides near the ebrake towards the back of the car.
3. pull e-brake up, and pull that section up by the change tray -- Yeah, you have to pull really hard for this one.. it's stubborn -- make sure your change tray is closed and your cup holders are empty!! . Once you get it.. work your way back.

Hope this helps!

Personally, I'm running my PIE auxuillary to the arm rest box where it'll plug into a Belkin charger with the line out near the charger... that way, all I have is the 'dock cable' to connect when I want to listen. No controls through the stereo, but that's fine with me. I can hold the iPod or its remote in my hand!

Hope it works for ya!

-K
I may give it a shot, what are the necessary tools for this mission?
Old 03-08-2005, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by k_splay
1. remove shift ****
I may give it a shot, what are the necessary tools for this mission?
Well, since you already have the device and cable installed, and can move it near the lighted cubby hole inside the dash: No tools.. just two hands with thumbs and a couple fingers!.. ;)
The shift **** screws off, everything else is just clips inside with enough outside to hold onto so you don't have to get technical. -- oh, but be sure to tie your cables down or secure them somehow -- wire-ties, or zip-ties -- you don't want it to get caught in your shifter or e-brake mechanism!

It's actually pretty easy.. I used to have to make adjustments to a low quality RCA-Stereo cable that I started with -- I was even tempted to try it at a stop light.. but never did.. cause, you never know.

-K