Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion xA Alarm Choice and Piezo sounds

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 02:43 AM
5 Year Member

Default Scion xA Alarm Choice and Piezo sounds

I bought my Scion xA three days ago, and I ordered the keyless entry/Alarm system as well as the cruise control from the dealer for three reasons.

1. To avoid warranty issues.
2. To avoid some amateur alarm installer screwing up my electrical system.
3. I wanted a certain sound when I opened the doors, the same sound as when you open a VW door using the remote, or a Lexus.

As it turns out, I have been told that the sound I'm referring to is a sound made by a device called a piezo. I'm also told that the factory alarm in the scion xA, when installed at the dealer does not include a piezo, but that it does when you order it directly from the factory with the Scion Alarm. The service rep told me he was going to look into it, and see if he could get the info to by-pass the horn beeps that occur during activation/deactivation of the alarm, and instead have the piezo do the notifications and still arm the alarm. How all of this stuff works is a bit of a mystery to me, and I would very much appreciate anyone’s feed back in this matter so I can get what I want. That is a high pitch beep when I activate or deactivate my alarm.

Pelomixa