Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

sec6urity system

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 05:28 AM

Default sec6urity system

Hey, just purchased my 06 xB a couple of weeks ago and unfortunately it didn't come with a manual. It appears to have an aftermarket security system installed. There is a blue light that flashes from time to time installed by the hood latch. I have searched far and wide, (including the search function) to try and understand how this security system works and I am at a complete loss. I have one keyfob that works perfectly to unlock (two horn beeps) and lock (one horn beep) my xB. The problem is that when my wife uses the car without the keyfob sometimes (once again I am confused by the lack of consistency of the system) the alarm will sound a warning and then go off and not allow the car to start. Also, the car used to auto-arm after a period of time. This is no longer happening. There is a button on the back of the blue light unit that I have no clue what it does.

To make a long story short... How do I operate this security system? What are the settings? I have not been able to find any definitive answers as to the operation and programming of this system. Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated!
Buzz
Old 08-09-2008, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Utah Scions
SL Member

Well, assuming the FOB you are using is not the stock scion one, I would say the button you see behind the light is the reset button, when the alarm is tripped, you can usually reset it without the FOB by inserting the key, turning to ACC and ten pushing and holding the button.

I would imagine it's an aftermarket system, but have you tried to look for the brain and shock sensor of it? how about the speaker for the siren?

I think it's odd the horn beeps, makes me wonder if it is the stock system.....