Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

So where's the sub in your xB?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 02:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default So where's the sub in your xB?

I find the factory audio system pretty decent for what it is. When I push the "Fade" up to the front speakers, I'm pleased with how nice the bass kicks in, however I like to keep the music in the back when I'm talking to the passenger or listening to the engine and the bass response back there is SO FLAT!

I'm looking into a small, powered sub, maybe a bazooka or something like the Kenwood KSC-SWI to fill out the lows and I wanted to know where people are putting theirs and how the sound is.

The catch for me..hehe...is that I still need my rear cargo space for guitars, amps, snowboards, etc. Any pics you have would be sweet....

Thanks.

Kenwood system http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WuMxHyH...=113KSCSW1#Tab
Old 08-22-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like this better:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-e5zadh4...roup.asp?g=530
Old 08-22-2005, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 08-22-2005, 03:02 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I have one 10 inch Arc Audio sub under each of the front seats, and one in the back in an Audioformz enclosure.

The one in the rear may or may not be replaced by four others in the near future.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Eggie-

Did you mean the Scosche one?
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-s4iAPho...=142SCXB04#Tab

I like the look of that one a lot, like to see that installed. My only beef with that one is that it requires an external amplifier, not a big deal though.

Squirrel- your set up sounds out of control, but there's definitely no lack of bass.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:13 AM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

I think its sounds pretty good. Nice and clear, and not "boomy" or have the "Oaktwon" rattle.

I upgraded from the Arc 4050 to the Arc 4150 for the mids and tweets, and have custom kick panels also. The pics on my Featured Ride article are missing the kick panels, and I have since gone to the V.2 Audioformz enclosure.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I have two underseat subs. pioneer single voice 10's

Old 08-22-2005, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks guys.
Hotbox05, nice enclosure for your sub! it almost looks like it could be a dealer option.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HotBox, where did you find that enclosure? I saw one like it long ago, but have lost the link I had for it.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

yeah the guy who sold em ( there were a few guys actually ) stopped selling them. i'm still completely puzzled as to why they stopped. I do know one thing they hit hard. and had to be modified so as that the subs would fit. the sub cutout was a bit too small in diameter. but i love em.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anybody put a sub in the rear storage compartment and put the cover it? (not the spare storage area, the one to the right side). If so, how was the sound? Did it come through clearly?
Old 08-25-2005, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

I have 2-12" in the back and 1-10" under each front seat.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ArtieFufkin
Has anybody put a sub in the rear storage compartment and put the cover it? (not the spare storage area, the one to the right side). If so, how was the sound? Did it come through clearly?
I am actually saving up to get it. My plan was that if the sound wasn't good with the cover on, I was going to cut a window in the cover and attach a metal screen of some sort to the underside of the cover. That way it could still support weight. OR something similar to that....
Old 08-25-2005, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I will be building my fiberglass box in the rear storage area too. I will make a completely new top for it that will have a metal cover and it will get carpeted so you cant see it at all. I was really impressed when I was looking around yesterday at all the room to actually install components.. What has everyone been doing for tweets?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

rkautz, I was thinking along the same lines, I still want to be able to use that cargo area since you never know what you might have to carry. I was thinking about a powered sub with a thin profile so it would fit snug into that space and I could just cover it up. However, for something like that to fit, it'd be limited in size and ultimately power.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HotBox05,

Can you slide your seat all the way forward and all the way back? If so I am thinking the box is no taller than 7" am I right? I also want to put 10's under the seat but when I do some calculations the box seems to be pretty small and any time I build a box I try and make it spec to the speaker. I'm sure it sounds good but I just gotta have the correct size box for the speaker! How much power do you have and what brand amp are you using. I am assuming the amp is in the rear storage compartment. You must have mounted the jack in there too right?

EvilDave,

I checked out your link but no pics for the subs under the seat. How does your set up look?

I live in Sacramento and I would love to check out the systems and take a listen!