Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Speakers

How many people have aftermarket speakers with the stock radio? If so does it sound ok and will it sound better with an aftermarket Radio.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Aftermarket speakers will make some difference, but you will notice much more once you add an amp to the system. Click on this link to see what I did to my system.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=68068

I have about $400 in upgrades...got all the stuff from ebay. Did install myself with help from a fellow Scion Lifer on the amp and rear speaker install.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for the info. What is the Scosche SAT6 adapters for and what difference do they make? Also what are plywood baffles and what difference did they make? Was this your first time to install if so how long did it take to install everything. Last how hard was it to install the amp?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Icecream Truck
Thanks for the info. What is the Scosche SAT6 adapters for and what difference do they make? Also what are plywood baffles and what difference did they make? Was this your first time to install if so how long did it take to install everything. Last how hard was it to install the amp?
The Scosche SAT6 adapters allow you to bolt up 6.5" speakers to the factory openings. You can make your own if you desire from plywood or MDF. Scosche also makes adapters to mount 6.5" speakers in the rear. I choose not to use them because they are 1" deep and the mid/tweets on my Pioneers extend 5/8" from the surface of the speaker. There is only about 1.25" between the side panel and the metal where the speaker mounts, so I made my own from plywood. If you choose 6.5" rear speakers that the tweeters do not extend past the surface of the speaker by more than 1/4" I would use the Scosche adapters for the rear.

The dash speakers took about 45 minutes to install and the doors about 1.5 hours. I had a friend help with the rear speakers and amp. We spent about 4.5-5 hours total on the rear speakers and amp. My friend does home theater installs for a living and previously has done car audio installs. I only solicited his help because it had been 15 years since my last install and his experience with the xB. Mine was at least the 3rd one he's done.
Old 06-20-2005, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Marc, are you happy with it now? Did any of the help I offered really help? Hope it did.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

would that kit work the same for the tc? i just ordered 6.5 components and i gotta figure out how to get them installed. i saw that someone posted a template for baffles somewhere, but i can't seem to find it.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:18 AM
5 Year Member

Ive also got a tC and have components for the front doors on the way....any advice or photos of the front doors would help!