Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stock Head Unit RCA Output Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Stock Head Unit RCA Output Adapter

Has anyone used one of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 01-22-2006, 03:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

No but you can make one yourself for a little less. Just buy a male and female toyota harness and splice in two Low Level line adapters. I have something almost identical that I built for about $30 from ebay parts.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

G-nizzle here on SL sells them and they are plug and play, you can find his product on ebay or at www.norcalscion.com

John
Old 01-26-2006, 04:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, but the one they sell is just a universal LOC. What the link points to is one that plugs between the factory harness and radio. This way you dont have to do any splicing. Just plug and play.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont think i understand how those work. It uses the stock jacks in the back to basically splice in RCA's but where do you run the powered lines back to? You just wanna run subs, or do you want to run the 4 channel amp to push your mids and highs? Also, does it step down the power? You should check that stuff out, you dont wanna break somethin. What I did was run a LOC, completely cut the speaker wires, hooked the cut wires to the LOC, then ran the power lines back to the other ends of the inside speaker wires. I split the RCA's for the back to run my subs on my Profile 800sx amp, then the rear and front mids and highs on the two Profile 100sx amps. (I used a Scosche LOC which had RCA's for the front and rears. Simple trip to Wal-Mart)
Old 01-31-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

I just got mine in and it is awesome. I recommend this device to anyone using the stock radio with amps.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by I_dont_know
I dont think i understand how those work. It uses the stock jacks in the back to basically splice in RCA's but where do you run the powered lines back to? You just wanna run subs, or do you want to run the 4 channel amp to push your mids and highs? Also, does it step down the power? You should check that stuff out, you dont wanna break somethin. What I did was run a LOC, completely cut the speaker wires, hooked the cut wires to the LOC, then ran the power lines back to the other ends of the inside speaker wires. I split the RCA's for the back to run my subs on my Profile 800sx amp, then the rear and front mids and highs on the two Profile 100sx amps. (I used a Scosche LOC which had RCA's for the front and rears. Simple trip to Wal-Mart)

I think the stock HU DOES have low level outputs(for the stock sub), just not in RCA form and nothing on the back of the HU.... this harness I believe taps into the stock sub-out that's inside the HU and gives you RCA...
Old 01-31-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOC taps into the speaker outputs. Best spot is behind HU. You can disconnect OR leave the stock speakers connected. The LOC should not affect the output.

I "believe" that the bazooka sub uses high level signal as inputs. The stock HU does not have low level outputs resident. The harness carries power, ground and speaker level signal back to the sub location.
Old 02-01-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I've got one of those and it works great!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can make this setup for anyone that wants one. I can probably do them for about $35 plus shipping. I have enough harnesses to do 3 of them right now. PM me if interested.
Old 02-02-2006, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Or you could order them from Norcalscion.com and he has a reputable product and they are listed on ebay and it comes with every single thing you would need to hook up a subwoofer (email him for just the plain plug, its great deal) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCION...spagenameZWDVW
Old 02-03-2006, 08:23 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I make the exact same thing this guy is selling on ebay with the exact same LOC soldered in. The only difference would be the price. Mine are about $10 cheaper than what he is selling.