Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Subwoofer install in tC

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member

Default Subwoofer install in tC

A few questions, I did some searching and found some answers but none were totally complete.

First, I love my super white 5spd tC, it's wonderful.

Second, how easy is removing the current HU? I have a cd player I used in my other car, but I do not think it would look right in the scion and since it is about the same power outing, I may just sell it and use the factory cion HU.

Third, are there RCA cable slots on the back of the factory scion HU? I would need something to plug from my HU to my amplifier.

Forth, is there a place to put the power cord from my amplifier to my HU? This would turn on the amplifier whenever the HU was turned on.

Fifth, will this void my warrenty? I will need to hook up one of my cords to my battery in order to get power for the amplifier, and I do not wish to void my warrenty. I used the system in my 1997 celica and it worked just fine, I am just worried that it might void my warrenty so if something breaks, something completely unrelated at all to the sound system, it will not be covered by warrenty. I do not fully understand how the warrenty works, so I could be worried over nothing.

Sixth, I would like to thank anybody ahead of time that can assist me with these questions.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Second, how easy is removing the current HU?

Removing the factory headunit takes about 5 mins if you working slowly. It is held in by two phillips head screws on the bottom and two 10mm bolts up top. The plastic dash trim just pops right off.

Third, are there RCA cable slots on the back of the factory scion HU?

There are no rca slots on the back of the factory deck. I heard you can get some sort of adapter to accomplish this though. Also if your amp has speaker level inputs you can tap off the rear speaker signal to accomplish this as well.

Forth, is there a place to put the power cord from my amplifier to my HU?

There is no remote turn on wire on the factory deck you would probaly have to wire up a kill switch for the remote turn on so you could shut the amp off when the deck is not on.

Fifth, will this void my warrenty?

If your struts go bad for example your warranty on them will not voided because you wired up an amp. But if something happens with your electrical system they will probaly blame it on the amp.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:20 PM
5 Year Member

How do you just pop off the plastic dash trim? I have the top part partial off, but the bottom part isnt wanting to come off. Is the dash in two pieces? As in, am I gonna hafta take the second botoom piece of the trim off in order to get the top piece off?