Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

tC ICE 75% complete (56k ye be warned)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default tC ICE 75% complete (56k ye be warned)

just wanna share my ICE progess in my SW tC...

my new headunit
Eclipse AVN5435

which replaced my Alpine CDA-9835

Vizualogic Headrests

XO Vision 6" Mirror LCD

MTX 7512-44 12" dual 4ohm powered by an MTX Thunder801D

All LCDs lit up... :D

and that's all folks...
Old 06-16-2005, 08:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet, but isnt a LCD in the mirrior a little extravagant, or is it for a backup camera?
Old 06-16-2005, 10:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

whats the point of having two centered screens up front ?
Old 06-16-2005, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's bling factor obviously guys! Come on, cut the dude some slack.

Not my thing honestly, but that rear view LCD is probably
one of the nicest ones I've ever seen!

Now you need to ditch that box woofer and get something
fiberglass!
Old 06-16-2005, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn. Thats only 75% done?!?!
Old 06-16-2005, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

He had the rearview there already before he was thinking of doing the Eclipse in dash unit.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's what I'm talking about! That's the way to get ur done. My plans exactly, exept I wasnt getting subs............ but hey I guess your missing that thump of the bass when you watch summer blockbuster type movies "Get Down"
Old 06-16-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Lonely Raven
Now you need to ditch that box woofer and get something
fiberglass!
that's why its just 75% cause I'll be glassing the subs soon.

Originally Posted by Jmarks1998
He had the rearview there already before he was thinking of doing the Eclipse in dash unit.
thanks for clarifying that to everyone jmarks...I had the rear view 1st and just wanted a back up camera but when I got the avic-n1 on my xB I had to get a navi in the tC. and my wife couldn't see the mirror since i was pointed at me.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats really nice. Keep up the good work.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats awsome
Old 06-16-2005, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no f-in doubt. how do u like the 5435? i can't figure out between the kenwood, the 2454 or the 5435. did u go to an authorized dealer for the eclipse, or off of ebay? this sux. someone wanna lend me 10 grand? i'll let u sit in my car whenever u want.
Old 06-16-2005, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

CRAZY
Old 06-16-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by yellot00tr
no f-in doubt. how do u like the 5435? i can't figure out between the kenwood, the 2454 or the 5435. did u go to an authorized dealer for the eclipse, or off of ebay? this sux. someone wanna lend me 10 grand? i'll let u sit in my car whenever u want.
I like the 5435 reason why that compared to the 2454 is because the 5435 is sirius ready. comparing to the avic-n1 the n1 has more features but i feel that the eclipse is faster...in the sense of reading mp3s, rerouting navi, playing cds/dvds once you put it in. the kenwood's nice especially with the nav....its not built in to you woundn't have to swap navi disc all the time. I also looked at the pioneer avic-d2 but does not come with a built in dvd player =(
Old 06-20-2005, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

kenwood has nav built in? I think the 5495 is suppose to have the nav built in also? Do you, or have you heard a release date
Old 06-20-2005, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CRxB
Originally Posted by yellot00tr
I like the 5435 reason why that compared to the 2454 is because the 5435 is sirius ready. comparing to the avic-n1 the n1 has more features but i feel that the eclipse is faster...in the sense of reading mp3s, rerouting navi, playing cds/dvds once you put it in. the kenwood's nice especially with the nav....its not built in to you woundn't have to swap navi disc all the time. I also looked at the pioneer avic-d2 but does not come with a built in dvd player =(
I have the AVN2454 with backeye camera for almost 9 months now it's nice and it's one of the faster nav system for re-routing , I did checked out the new 5435 cos I helped my friend bought one, it has newer nav dvd and it's not that much difference.
the Pioneer I think you are talking about the AVIC-D1 double din nav system
but you can hook a DVD changer or player to the unit for rear passengers to view DVDs most manufactuers are getting sued because of the front DVD view problem
when we groud our e-brake wire. So Pionneer, Alpine( Next year ) have change their design and uses GYRO senors in their systems now to avoid getting sue. I know for sure the new Pionner AVIC-N2 has that technology in it. I don't know about the kenwood deck, because I never use any kenwood deck before
Old 06-21-2005, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by PrettyniceB
kenwood has nav built in? I think the 5495 is suppose to have the nav built in also? Do you, or have you heard a release date
Kenwood has an option for nav. eclipse has nav but needs the nav disc in the unit to route your nav.

Originally Posted by mowmow
I have the AVN2454 with backeye camera for almost 9 months now it's nice and it's one of the faster nav system for re-routing , I did checked out the new 5435 cos I helped my friend bought one, it has newer nav dvd and it's not that much difference.
but you can hook a DVD changer or player to the unit for rear passengers to view DVDs most manufactuers are getting sued because of the front DVD view problem
when we groud our e-brake wire. So Pionneer, Alpine( Next year ) have change their design and uses GYRO senors in their systems now to avoid getting sue. I know for sure the new Pionner AVIC-N2 has that technology in it. I don't know about the kenwood deck, because I never use any kenwood deck before
I hear you on this one the new avic series are gyro sensitive but there are ways to bypass them too. don't really know how alpine would do it but it would be tricky to bypass like the old ones. as far as your camera for your tC where did you mount yours and what type of camera did you use? I was thinking about this too but can't figure out a good way to mount it where no one see nor jack it.
Old 06-21-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PrettyniceB
Kenwood has an option for nav. eclipse has nav but needs the nav disc in the unit to route your nav.

I hear you on this one the new avic series are gyro sensitive but there are ways to bypass them too. don't really know how alpine would do it but it would be tricky to bypass like the old ones. as far as your camera for your tC where did you mount yours and what type of camera did you use? I was thinking about this too but can't figure out a good way to mount it where no one see nor jack it.
I don't think there is a way to bypass the Gyro sensor for now until someone figure out how to trick the gyro senor. As for the back camera I have the eclipse BEC103
it doesn't go on auto when in reverse but you can have it on all the time if you want.
I have it mounted right by the rear license plate and ran the wire all the way to the unit. If you want auto camera on, I recommend the Pionneer one instead. I choose
Eclipse because I want to match the camera with the deck.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I don't think there is a way to bypass the Gyro sensor for now until someone figure out how to trick the gyro senor. As for the back camera I have the eclipse BEC103
it doesn't go on auto when in reverse but you can have it on all the time if you want.
I have it mounted right by the rear license plate and ran the wire all the way to the unit. If you want auto camera on, I recommend the Pionneer one instead. I choose
got pix of your rear view camera?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got pix of your rear view camera?
Here you go, I have my backeye camera posted in clubsciontc

http://www.clubsciontc.com/modules.p...ewtopic&t=2443
Old 06-28-2005, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and you say only 75% done

lol

Quick Reply: tC ICE 75% complete (56k ye be warned)