Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

tv tuner/receiver

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 05:34 PM
5 Year Member

Default tv tuner/receiver

I have a cq-vd6503u receiver in the dash of my 2005 XA.. I was wondering about putting in a tv tuner. Does anybody have suggestions as to a good brand to look at or model? Are the name brands better than the generic ones in this case? Also, where is the common place to mount them? Any help would be most appreciated, Thanks!!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well most tv tuners come with 2 antennas whihc you should mount in your rear windows (side ones) But every customer that comes into my store and asks for them gets my little talk.....

Ever not have cable at you house? Using rabbit ears? Remeber how wonderful the reception was.... now put your tv with rabbit ears in a car thats moving around and see how good the reception is. Most the time tv tuners are jsut annoying becuase reception goes in and out. If anything Id say get a music get or a 6 disc dvd changer and get some DVDs of you fav tv shows or something. I really think TV tuners are a waste but if you really want one check out farhenheit or myron and divas
Old 10-14-2006, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SmartAss
Well most tv tuners come with 2 antennas whihc you should mount in your rear windows (side ones) But every customer that comes into my store and asks for them gets my little talk.....

Ever not have cable at you house? Using rabbit ears? Remeber how wonderful the reception was.... now put your tv with rabbit ears in a car thats moving around and see how good the reception is. Most the time tv tuners are jsut annoying becuase reception goes in and out. If anything Id say get a music get or a 6 disc dvd changer and get some DVDs of you fav tv shows or something. I really think TV tuners are a waste but if you really want one check out farhenheit or myron and divas
x2
Old 10-14-2006, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member

Smartass, Thanks for your reply! That is exactly what I wanted to know. I have never seen one working, and thanks to your advice I agree that I would be better off just saving my money on a tuner. Thanks