Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Vizualogic Headrest Screens for xA & xB!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Vizualogic Headrest Screens for xA & xB!

Just for information... Vizualogic now offers headrest screens for the Scion xA and xB. These are the screens already in the headrest. I don't know the size, or price yet; but I will let those interested know.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: Vizualogic Headrest Screens for xA & xB!

Originally Posted by ScionPimp
Just for information... Vizualogic now offers headrest screens for the Scion xA and xB. These are the screens already in the headrest. I don't know the size, or price yet; but I will let those interested know.
Finally...I was actually waiting for those....almost broke down and bought the myron davis ones but the MDs just have all those buttons that makes the whole headrest messy. One question tho...what matrial was used to wrap the headrest? inner or outer part of the seat? Well with vizualogic it'll probably be 7" widescreen and prolly be the close to the myron davis price for a pair ($1200+)

Hubert
Old 04-10-2004, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

1200.00??!! Why wouldn't you just have someone intall screens in your headrests and save the extra 400.00? Back in the day when people who knew how to do headrests were few and far between those premades were nice but now they are just overpriced. I know that 6.5 widescreens will fit but that is the max. So the only reason I can see for the premades is if they "rework" the size of the headrest to be able to fit a bigger screen.
Old 04-10-2004, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Waaayyyyyyyy too much money. I did mine myself and it only cost me $300 :D :D
Old 04-10-2004, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by mgmlot93
1200.00??!! Why wouldn't you just have someone intall screens in your headrests and save the extra 400.00? Back in the day when people who knew how to do headrests were few and far between those premades were nice but now they are just overpriced. I know that 6.5 widescreens will fit but that is the max. So the only reason I can see for the premades is if they "rework" the size of the headrest to be able to fit a bigger screen.
one thing good about the premades is the trade in time. If you trade in the car jus take out your headrest put back the stock ones and your good to go. plus if you get a different car and headrest does not match you can ive the headrest back for an exchange. IMO I like to put stuff in my car that I can take out nothing really permanent except for my flip down.

Hubert
Old 04-10-2004, 05:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To put it in perspective, my local dealer quoted about $200 - $250 a pair for replacement headrests.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just went to their site. They ARE 7" monitors which is pretty cool. it doesn't say the price tho. And THEY are covered in the BLACK CLOTH from the outer parts of the seat.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Munch
completely agree w/ you on this one..aside from saving money, showing it and knowing that u did the work yourself and not somebody else is PRICELESS nothing against the ones that have their stuff made in pro shops of course

PEACE

"and I thought ladies only dig big things, they dig my xA"
Old 04-11-2004, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member

wa that hard? what was the proceses. and what size are they. did you also do the ones in the visors.and very nice work
Old 04-11-2004, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have used the Vizualogic screens in well over 150 cars and never had a problem, and customers have totally loved the quality of their screens. I have done the camry headrests from Vizualogic, which is the same headrest as scions xa/b and the 7" screen fit with no problems, and no resizing of the headrest. To bad I had to find out about the headrests on here instead of them calling me to say that they were making them. I have been on a waiting list for a while for them to let me know.

As far as I know these will probably be closer to $1400 for the pair. That is what my shop charges per pair for other Vizualogic sets. I believe in the selfmade headrest as well, but these are just so damn sexy it is hard to pass up on.

Jason
Old 04-11-2004, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bigfoot286
wa that hard? what was the proceses. and what size are they. did you also do the ones in the visors.and very nice work
5.6 inches in the headrests and 7.2 inches in the visors. Not too hard to do, it just takes alittle time.
Old 04-11-2004, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

5.6 inches in the headrests and 7.2 inches in the visors. Not too hard to do, it just takes alittle time.
Those visors are premade with a 7inch so whats the difference between a premade headrest and a premade visor? ok big ups to those who installs headrests themselves but what I am after is the size factor 7inch rather than a 5.6 and also how clean they look beacase theres no buttons on them.

http://www.vizualogic.com/index.html

and these are your premade visors...

http://www.mp3playerstore.com/stuff_...l/SV-7010L.htm

Just my 2 cents,
Hubert
Old 04-12-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My visors are made by a different company than the one you listed. They are indeed 7.2 inches not 7 like the ones you posted. I would rather spend less than $1000 for 4 tv's than over $1000 for 2. Just my 2 cents. My whole setup was well under $1000 BTW :D , and that included my DVD player
Old 04-12-2004, 01:08 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Advice from someone who took the cheap way out- spend good money on the screens, then do the install yourself! I cheaped out on the screeens, and even though my install went perfectly, the screens have a horrible look to them versus the Alpine screen in the dash. After seeing monitors from Sony and Pioneer, I think I'm going to have to find something a little larger than what I have to cover the holes from my cheapies!
BTW- once you get over the actual cutting of your stock headrests, the installation is really pretty easy... and the attention you get for this mod is PRICELESS!

-Phil and Vicki
Old 04-12-2004, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

My visors are made by a different company than the one you listed. They are indeed 7.2 inches not 7 like the ones you posted. I would rather spend less than $1000 for 4 tv's than over $1000 for 2. Just my 2 cents. My whole setup was well under $1000 BTW :D , and that included my DVD player
Well I guess everyone has they'er opinions about headrests monitors. I would definitly save up for the vizualogic headrest because I've installed those and love the way they look. BTW Munch how do you like those visors? Do they swing if your on the move? I was thinking of picking up those types from the link I posted.

this is my setup,

Hubert
Old 04-12-2004, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love the visors. The picture quality is top notch and they don't move at all when on the move. My friend has a Pioneer 6.5 inch in-dash screen , we were comparing screens and mine were much sharper than his :D . You just can't beat the value factor.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

The visulogic headrest are the choice for the h2 and escalade's.
I have used them since TMI came out with them . I will most likely sell my sonys that way i can do the visulogics. As far as any other head rests i havent seen a set yet in a scion that are worth having most don't fit or just look like ___.Plus there wire
is run thru the tube full use of headrest adjustment.These screens will be flushed in nothing hanging out or on out side of headrest.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:45 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Munch, what brand are your monitors???
Old 04-12-2004, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

usdmbB...got pics? wanna see your setup with the sony headrests.

Munch, what brand are your monitors???
ditto! and where did you get em?
Old 04-12-2004, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Vizualogic Headrest Screens for xA & xB!

Originally Posted by ScionPimp
If anyone wants these I can get them at a decent price. Just e-mail me or
PM me. They are 7 inch and come in their regular or advantage series. The advantage series has infrared outputs for headphone audio.

JT
jt@jtaudioacc.com

Quick Reply: Vizualogic Headrest Screens for xA & xB!