Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Want Scion tC Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Want Scion tC Projectors

PLEASE GOD LET SOMEBODY MAKE A QUALITY PAIR SO I CAN BUY HID's AND BE HAPPY!!!!

Theres gotta be someway i can beg and sulk and suck up and annoy and persuade some company with a good rep (cough cough not tCtunerz) to make these!!!
PLEASE LORD HELP ME!!! or maybe my fellow Scion tC brothers and sisters can help me!!!

Can we make a petition to force company's to make them, or maybe even Toyota, we could all sign a petition and say we want it now!!!!!!!
Brothers and Sisters of the Tc world rise up against bland headlights and ____ty blue bulbs, Rebel against the common rice shop with Pep Boy quality lights!!!!

ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!

ps. i made this post after daydreaming about looking so cool (okay im a dork) driving down the street with ricers on their knees telling me i was the greatest!!!!!!

Last edited by MR_LUV; 10-20-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-05-2005, 10:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hm. DEPO these days have been making real good quality projectors.. almost like Valeo projectors...but none have been made for the tC yet (sadly). you can do a retrofit...tC housings are big enough to fit almost any projector (taken from another car...wrecked, stolen, etc. etc.)
Old 05-05-2005, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

maybe depo will eventually make a set. until then, retrofit and hidplanet.com is your friend.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep well i have been looking around for awhile and HIDretro.com and clearcorners.com seem to be the only companies that seem to know what they are doing when it comes to how HIDs actually work i have been reading up on all the little things about HIDs and all their traits(light cut off heat lines) all that craziness and i want mine to look clean and stock....only problem is all of americas ricers want angel eyes(gag) so both companies seem eager to only sell the angel eyes/HID combo....if anyone knows of some good stuff for cheaper than 1200-1400 dollars holla!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my parts for about $300. oem tsx projectors/ballasts/bulbs. nothing beats oem in terms of quality.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by maximus96
I got my parts for about $300. oem tsx projectors/ballasts/bulbs. nothing beats oem in terms of quality.
Did you do the install yourself?
Do the reflector "bowls" just detach from the lamp assembly or do you need to cut/grind/etc?
How do the projectors mount in place; do you need to build up a base for them to attach to; what did you use if so?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also how do you adjust the aim of the beams when you do a mod like this
Old 05-05-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I haven't installed it on the tc yet. i'm still working on retrofitting my maxima. check out this retrofit, https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=59944
Old 05-06-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm REALLY interested in HID. I'm mostly not interested in retrofit. I want something less expensive (which a part you don't have to modify usually is) and more professionally put together. I'm praying that some real projectors and HIDs will come out for the car. I'm stock until then.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by iowagary
I'm REALLY interested in HID. I'm mostly not interested in retrofit. I want something less expensive (which a part you don't have to modify usually is) and more professionally put together. I'm praying that some real projectors and HIDs will come out for the car. I'm stock until then.

in the longer run....a retrofit is your best bet. doing a retrofit means you'll be putting in REAL HID projectors, not aftermarket HALOGEN projectors. if by any chance that depo is willing to R&D up the ___ to make HID projectors to sell aftermarket....you can buy those, but for now buying projectors from here and there and making a DYI setup is the most stable, as well as financially doable....a reasonable budget for a retro is $400 - $500 ish << and that's a high estimate. HID kits out there....are pretty much now illegal Catz (probably one of the better kits that WERE on sale) no longer officially sells their products in the US. Xenondepot.com does good kits, but their stuff costs a pretty penny (you do get genuine hella/philips bulbs and ballasts however). www.hidplanet.com is really your friend for now. really.

www.hidperformance.com << this guy does crazy work for some $$ you can't get more professional than this guy (aka littodevil) when it comes to HID work.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I'm in no huge hurry. I'm not putting in some crappy halogen projector system - I'll wait for someone to build real HID projectors. Someone is going to do it, eventually. As for spending like $500 on a retro, I'm sure those jobs are very nice, but if something breaks, there is really nobody to go back to on it - I doubt they offer guarantees. I just don't feel that comfortable paying that much money for work on the car that isn't coming from a real manufacturer.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Agrees with Iowagary