Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xB 2006 —need power for Rostra CC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default xB 2006 —need power for Rostra CC?

I can't find the black 1N plug that's supposed to have a black wire to T-tap into for the Rostra Cruise Control's power (lever model).

I've read four additions/user-amendments to the instructions and all agree that Rostra's instructions and photos leave much to be desired and that locating and tapping into the power is a bummer even for nimble fingered flexible youths.

I read where someone bought a a small spade like adapter that fits over one of the spades of a spare mini fuse. With the ignition on the spade becomes hot 12V. He used it to power the CC.

I bought some of those mini fuse spades but when I look under the dash I have a very hard time reading the fuses and therefore don't know which one is a spare. Which amp fuse to use, its location, which side of the fuse is hot, etc..

I can't find a pic of the fuse panel, the one to the left of the steering wheel just above the hood release pull. I can't get to the power to the cigarette lighter easily (an old trick for getting switched power) or I'd T-tap into it.

Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Kerry
Old 09-12-2007, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Update:

I read where someone bought a a small spade-like adapter that fits over one of the spades of a spare mini fuse. With the ignition on the spade becomes hot 12V. He used it to power the CC.
Instead of "...fits over one of the spades of a spare mini fuse." it should read, "...for the CC's power supply it fits over the left spade of the 15 amp Acc mini fuse."

I installed the spade and it works.

To the left of the steering column there's a pop-out door on the lower part of the dash (above and to the the right of the hood release latch). It's not intuitive as to how to pull it out, just persist. Behind it is the fuse block. On the back of the pop-out door is the legend as to which fuse goes to which circuit. I affixed the copper spade device to the left side of the 15 amp "Acc" fuse's male spade) and reinserted the fuse. Now the copper spade is hot with the ignition on.

I cut off the CC's male connector (brown wire) and crimped a narrow slotted female connector which presses onto the fuse's left (driver door side) male spade.

Kerry