Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xB portable security system... Easy install...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Amen Fett!!!!

There have been a lot of innocent lives saved by people carrying fireams. The need has shown itself....

The way I see it, our POLICE carry them! So they obviously see a need for them. The police can not always be there, and usually arent when the violent act occurs, so I will take measures to protect myself if the need arises!
Old 04-18-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Friday a cracked-out individual (I'm not joking) broke into a local man's house. The homeowner held him at gunpoint until Police arrived.

Goes to show that firearms + home invasion don't always equal someone getting shot.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

yes people can be saved from it but the same amount can be hurt I just think its a very bad way for people to have to protect themselves but the world can be a scary place... still though I think people should be more opened to not lethal ways of defense... such as a tazar gun (the kind that can shoot like 10 feet) b/c thats going to stop anyone in their tracks.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tckurt
yes people can be saved from it but the same amount can be hurt I just think its a very bad way for people to have to protect themselves but the world can be a scary place... still though I think people should be more opened to not lethal ways of defense... such as a tazar gun (the kind that can shoot like 10 feet) b/c thats going to stop anyone in their tracks.
Unless you miss on the first shot... then it is useless. And if someone has a gun , they arent going to need to come within that range. The choice to use deadly force is a serious one, and should not be taken lightly by any means. If it is not necessary, say if I can get out of the situation or handle the confrontation by other means for example, then a firearm should not come into play. But when that is the only way to control the situation, then a tazer or other form of defense is not effective most of the time. It is sad that we feel the need to defend ourselves, and even more sad what others go through in all parts of the world. But, that is the world we are in I guess.... I'm not arguing with you, just my point of view.