Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

xbox in xb?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Default xbox in xb?

Does anyone know if you can or have pics of an xbox that is fitted into the xb nicely?
Old 06-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Former Sponsor
SL Member
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

I don't have pics, but a customer of mine disasembled his putting the brain under the pass seat and the tray in the dash connected using a custom cable some other local shop has worked out. His is very trick. I have not seen the system working yet,but it was a very clean install. :D
Old 06-02-2004, 11:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default xbox mobile instal

i did the external dvd drive instal in 2002 in my s10 i tried doing the same by mounting the xbox's dvd drive in the opening below the air conditioning ***** but it dident have the depth needed the xbox's "brain" (motherboard , hdd, and powersupply) needs to be within 36inches of the dvd drive so there are some limitations.... but if you wanted to make a lil box to house the compontents up under the dash the controler ports and dvd rom can be mounted in just about any single DIN location... like maybe under neth a flip out 6.5-7inch deck (fits fine under my sony Xav7) i could make up a kit if anybodys interested i used to sell them for 40$ which includes the longer DVD power wire a longer ATA100 36inch ribbon cable and the screwdrivers to take apart your xbox along with full disasembly instructions... the kit takes me a week to put together and i would be willing to do it for someone in there xa or xb where price would depend on the type of intalation you desire... i can also provide Xbox Modification which is very nicew in a mobile instalation..... a upgraded hdd comeing in handy for a very vast amount of MP3 storage, divx/XVID/mpeg/avi movie files , region free dvd playback via xbox controler...(or you can dash mount the IR eye in the dashboard and use the xbox dvd remote to navagate menus for media and dvd playback) you also have the ability to put all your retail xbox games on the xboxs new larger hard drive for playing without fear of scratching your discs or flipping around looking for a game.... just play it off the hdd

i would LOVE to do a instal for someone... i enjoy it and it doesnt take much time at all once i have a kit made up and ready to go ill take some new pictures soon on the instal in my lil xb and if anybody is interested in any of the above please email me at

rm250shicks@yahoo.com

the names Scott btw...=)

Old 06-02-2004, 12:09 PM
5 Year Member

you'd be my hero if you werent on the other side of the damn country. anyway looks awesome man cant wait for you to put together a tutorial
Old 06-02-2004, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

How much would you charge for a kit for two xboxes?

I'd like to setup two of them in the car and network them together (deathmatch halo on two monitors anyone? :D)

I might be interested. Would need to find a good mounting location for the two of them as I'm thinking of flushing a monitor in where the stock headunit is, or going with a double din monitor setup (like the kenwood). I'm not a big fan of flipouts.

All told I'll probably have between 4 and 6 monitors in the car.

Maybe a setup to get both x-boxes in a nice setup under the pass. seat? one drive next to the other?
Old 06-03-2004, 11:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Default warning i tend to get "chatty" and can't spell wor

theres a way to modthe sony flip out 7 inch to put two in the dash and have one flip up and have one flip down and both the images be correct..... thats one route that ive Never seen anybody attempt

no for mounting the xboxs you have a few choices in the spare tire location area.... we could run the controls for the back seats or go wireless.... with both power swiches for the xbox mounted anywhere you want.... (dash, in drivers door, steering wheel) yo could run the xboxs video inputs to a controler box and paly eithe r of the two on ANY of your 4-6 monitors as for Halo death match with a crossover cable between two xboxs.... that would be a piece of cake... id suggest a great power inverter as large of screens as you could afford... and for halo you could even utilize the stock harddrives and mod both xboxs so you wouldent need to have two xbox halo game discs....

befor i get too far on a rant... if you would like me to bid out some prices... more ideas and send you a few pictures i could photoshop for ya... please let me know.... and by the way what area do you live in, cause if you would like i always have a ton of xboxes here we could try a pair in a few locations on our xboxs and see what we think

Thanks again and i hope to hear back from you...
Scott
Old 06-03-2004, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

I'm on the other side of the country. Wish I was closer, at least then I wouldn't be in georgia.

I'm thinking of sticking them under the pass. seat. Make a custom cover with both of the trays in it allowing the rear passangers to get to them. Either that or have one in tray eject backwards and one forward. So the front passanger has one and the rear the other.

This, along with the HD hack, would allow for them to play any DVD's they wanted or any of my growing collection of games. Would also allow me to leave all of my games at home, so I wouldn't have to carry a huge case full of them around with me.
Old 06-03-2004, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats a nice and clean install I am going to do mines probably like the pioneer scion, since my xbox is already modded. Right underneathe the passenger seat but then I would have to move my amps.

Old 06-05-2004, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

the problem i see with that pioneer instal is the HEAT issue.... xbox are notorious for overheating and putting them in a tiny carpeted box would definately keep the hot in.... im working this weekend on putting the xbox in my xb ill post pics with my progress as time goes by
Old 06-05-2004, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

sweet install scott but i got the same problem im on the other side of the country... did you do all of that by yourself?
Old 06-06-2004, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i did all the work on the truck n the pictures above
Old 06-06-2004, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

so far there is NOT enough room in the small compartment underneth the air conditioning controls for the dvd rom of the Xbox... but im still trying what it looks like so far what i will have to do is one of two things.... i have a idea that will require taking out the passenger side airbag and instaling most of the components of the xbox there or hiding most of the "Brain" of the xbox underneth the passenger seat and still trying the xbox drive in the dash spot under the ac controls that will require Haevy modifcation.... ill keep y'all posted
Old 06-27-2004, 01:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Here's a cool mod. The clear XBOX with LEDs t match my RSV1

Old 07-05-2004, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member

once i get my XB i am gonna put my xbox in the back and hook it up to a 10 inch monitor my xbox is modded so it would be badass
Old 07-23-2004, 09:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I want to install A XBOX inmy xb myself. I am going to go down to a local stero shop in the next few weeks and see if they can't help me figure out where to put it. I will have to figure out where i want moitors and all that also. If i figure out anything myself I will post pics.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A note on heat: under the front seats is a good place for amps and stuff that likes to overheat because the a/c comes out right right there.
Old 07-24-2004, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member

I think the best place for an Xbox, or two :D , would be underneath the rear passenger seats. Plenty of room under there once you get the seats removed. But overheating may be an issue...
Old 07-25-2004, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member

I heard that there is a way to mod the Xbox to run off of 12 volts instead of using the Cigarette lighter adaptor.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

there is a playstation mod that ive seen for a 12v-13.7v hook up but nothing as of yet for the xbox.... but if you do find anything please link us!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member

Will do thanks. Where is the kit for the PS2?