Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Zeta Products Folding Cup Holder Add On!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 12:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sciond, OK I get it. Well the mods will have to fix it if they see fit. That's why they make the big bucks anyway.
Old 05-13-2005, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Its not the wrong forum ... Im not selling it ... Im just talking about it ... There is nothing wrong with promoting a product weather he sponsors me or not ... People do it all day long ... Im just here to inform the Scion community that there is a new product and where they can buy it ...

There was a group buy on the Storage armrest about 4 weeks ago and I think there were 14 people who bought the "expensive" storage armrest and not one person has complained about them. As stated this arm rest has MANY features that you will NOT find on the Scion armrest ...
1 - You get to keep you existing cup holder behind the e-brake handle
2 - The armrest folds up and LOCKS in 10 positions. This will NOT fall down even if its all the way up or half way up!
3 - You get ADDED storage in the armrest.
4 - You have the option for a SECOND rear cup holder

The bulid quality on this is amazing, and it fits just like it should be there.

As Zeta said, buy the armrest and if you are not happy with it, send it back and Zeta will pick up the shipping charges back!
Old 05-14-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Had one of my friends in the back seat today and he was able to sit there, put his drink the cup holder and it did NOT get in the way of his legs. The drink was steady the whole ride and was NEVER close to comming out of the holder!
Old 05-14-2005, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by LavaBox_v1
Its not the wrong forum ... Im not selling it ... Im just talking about it ... There is nothing wrong with promoting a product weather he sponsors me or not ... People do it all day long ... Im just here to inform the Scion community that there is a new product and where they can buy it ...

There was a group buy on the Storage armrest about 4 weeks ago and I think there were 14 people who bought the "expensive" storage armrest and not one person has complained about them. As stated this arm rest has MANY features that you will NOT find on the Scion armrest ...
2 - The armrest folds up and LOCKS in 10 positions. This will NOT fall down even if its all the way up or half way up!

As Zeta said, buy the armrest and if you are not happy with it, send it back and Zeta will pick up the shipping charges back!
people do alot of things....i have a dichotomy with your beliefs
Old 05-16-2005, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just adding my 2 cents. I was a little doubtful about the cup holder when Angelo first showed me pics. But I installed mine over the weekend and it is a whole lot better than I thought it would be.
It is very sturdy and looks great.
I have more pics if anyone wants to see them.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Sciond
Originally Posted by LavaBox_v1

people do alot of things....i have a dichotomy with your beliefs
Not to be rude but if you have a problem with what I am doing then leave it out of my posts and PM me ... You can also email me djbreakz00@msn.com ... please do not ruin my post if you have a problem with something.
-Thank You.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I received my cup holder this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised of its build quality. When I took it out of the box the cup holder was quite heavy. The mounting plate seems to be made of the same material as the rails on the arm rest. Clearly written instructions are provided, but honestly are not needed. The installation took only a few minutes and it was done. The cup holder from an ergonomic perspective is better than the stock unit by far. The stock cup holder is on the floor and is somewhat difficult for rear seat passengers to reach. The Zeta unit corrects this shortcoming and stores nicely when not in use. As far as I’m concerned this option is a no brainer for those who already have a Zeta armrest. For those in the market for an arm rest for your Scion there are many options. Buy what you can afford, just remember both items are quality components from a quality company.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:30 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by andrewjc
I received my cup holder this weekend. I was pleasantly surprised of its build quality. When I took it out of the box the cup holder was quite heavy. The mounting plate seems to be made of the same material as the rails on the arm rest. Clearly written instructions are provided, but honestly are not needed. The installation took only a few minutes and it was done. The cup holder from an ergonomic perspective is better than the stock unit by far. The stock cup holder is on the floor and is somewhat difficult for rear seat passengers to reach. The Zeta unit corrects this shortcoming and stores nicely when not in use. As far as I’m concerned this option is a no brainer for those who already have a Zeta armrest. For those in the market for an arm rest for your Scion there are many options. Buy what you can afford, just remember both items are quality components from a quality company.
that is a great non sales pitch review that does speak of the product highly
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

many thanks but I won't quit my day job.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The more I examine all the armrests, including ZETA, I am convinced they all missed the boat on design. None of them have the consumer in mind. They produce something that just meets expectations and everyone raves about it because there is nothing to compare it to. Frankly, I'm disappointed.

When will the real company come forward? When will we see good design? When will the consumer get what they are really looking for? Do I have to spell it out for you? Puleeeze! Designers need to use their heads for once. If I do it for you I want to get paid!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What more do you want? I can't think of anything else I would want in an armrest. Zeta has it all.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's just what I'm talking about. Zero creativity (no offense intended to you, FrankenScion). I'll give this thread a couple of days. Or, if any of the armrest company's want to contact me...

When you learn what the armrest should be you'll understand.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Whatever.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I would like to know what the arm rest should be ... I thought it was something to rest your arm on ... I guess I was wrong ... UBOW why don't you explain what is wrong with this arm rest and what should be done, since you seem to be the expert ...
Old 05-17-2005, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Sciond
that is a great non sales pitch review that does speak of the product highly
Like I said before ... if you have a problem with something then PM me ... if not please keep you useless, scarcastic comments out of my post!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

first of all i think everyone needs to get off of LavaBox_v1's ___ about this product.. its cool he is talking about a sponsers (sp)product thats wut we want to hear right? i mean why get on a forum if u can say it plus the zeta cup holder thingy is 10 bucks and hes just talking about the cup holder

as for UBOW i think he needs to try to stop getting a free ( or sponsored ) arm rest. If UBOW thinks he/she knows about arm rests then design one and then STFU and sell if for whatever you want to...

just my .02

and no i dont have a sponser and heck i dont even have a xb yet!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by indianenvasion
first of all i think everyone needs to get off of LavaBox_v1's ___ about this product.. its cool he is talking about a sponsers (sp)product thats wut we want to hear right? i mean why get on a forum if u can say it plus the zeta cup holder thingy is 10 bucks and hes just talking about the cup holder

as for UBOW i think he needs to try to stop getting a free ( or sponsored ) arm rest. If UBOW thinks he/she knows about arm rests then design one and then STFU and sell if for whatever you want to...

just my .02

and no i dont have a sponser and heck i dont even have a xb yet!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thank you indianenvasion!

Now lets keep this on topic ...
Old 05-18-2005, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

I just installed the new folding rear cup holder for the arm rest . It was a piece of cake to install,one bolt and your done thats it!. I like it it's nice and strurdy, it has a metal frame and folds up nice and tight when not in use.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

looks good

Quick Reply: Zeta Products Folding Cup Holder Add On!