Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Air shocks would be great up here in the North East. I see lowering springs are big in Cali. ;) But we don't have the best roads here for it due to weather. I think the air shocks would do great here. What do you guys think. I hope someone developes them for the Scion officially.
Old 11-10-2003, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

bump bump bump - b2k
Old 11-16-2003, 10:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

Default Air bags for Xb

dsidescion:
Whats the price going to be on the airbag system for the xb installed or just the parts needed?

Eric:
I was looking into air ride Tech's cylinders and bags for my car, what do you think of this company, any good?

I just finished part of my stereo system and now saving up some money for rims and bags. After tha I hope to start going to a few shows and maybe find some sort of sponsorship. I finally have over a 1000 miles on my car and I love it more each day. In my area of Santa Maria I have seen a lot of xa's running around town mostly older people like some with gray hair. Nice to see older folks getting involved in scion's but please save some for us younger ones. Till then all have a great time and hope to see everyone soon. Maybe longer then I hope need to finish moving my grandmother into a home she is 91. She does like the XB though. reminds her of an old english taxi she was born in England... well Hope to be back posting on scionlife. If i don't see anyone or get a chance please have a safe and wonderful holidays comming up.

Santa I been good can I get my rims and air this christmas?? maybe he will reply back :o
Old 11-16-2003, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

We're laying out the brackets for the front cylinders and rear bags for Boxzilla right now. Eric is right- a properly installed air suspension won't really be any worse than a set of coilovers as far as maintenance goes, and the ride can be tailored to your taste. The main trick is to use quality components- brass DOT approved fittings, DOT air lines, and quality bags and/or cylinders. Whoever said to avoid AIM was righ on the money- my company used to deal with them and it was a nightmare.
The front suspension of our beloved Scions presents a unique dilemma, as the strut body turns with the wheel and all side loads from steering are transmitted through the strut as well- Honduhs are EASY to put air ride on by comparison!
I'm not sure where Eric got his cylinders, but I have mine coming from a company in Canada called Brisland's. We've used theirs on vehicles ranging from a 2003 Celica to a 92 Cadillac STS, and they've held up great. You will sacrifice some lift versus a strut bag, but the reliability will be much better. Email or PM me if you guys have specific questions regarding the project or prices, and we'll be sure to post pics as they come available.

-Phil and Vicki
www.fbimini.com
Old 11-17-2003, 08:42 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by dsidescion
Have no fear! Our complete bag kits should be done just in time for christmas!!! :D
cool! any info way the setup includes?
Old 11-17-2003, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by dsidescion
Have no fear! Our complete bag kits should be done just in time for christmas!!! :D
Yeah, when will they be available? I'm interested. Also if any one knows where to get the componets, please PM me contacts and pricing if possible. ThanX
Old 12-04-2003, 04:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG
Scion Evolution

Any word on the air?
Old 12-08-2003, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member

very interested, lets get on the move!
Old 12-18-2003, 02:45 AM
5 Year Member

i was wondering if using cylinders on all 4 corners would work? or do you recommend using bags in the rear? how much fabrication has to be done for cylinders in the front?
Old 12-18-2003, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yah yah yah....me want air...but don't want to have to do any mods or welding...just want the bolt on kit!
Old 12-18-2003, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Anyone know when a kit is going to be available?

Mark
Old 12-18-2003, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

seriously, do some research before deciding that you want air. Drive a car on air, ride on the freeway, etc. I had a car that i fabbed my own air suspension and it was rough. Especially if you want it really low. Then you will have to blow it pretty much all the way up, just so it doesnt scrape. That will make it ride bad. You can see that car here: http://home.earthlink.net/~randode/caprice.html
Old 12-18-2003, 04:25 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If any one wants air bags or any other parts there is a shop i know in san jose that will do everything they do good work but they will do some work you wont even think of the name of the shop is SIC MOTORSPORTS ON SUNSET in san jose