Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Air suspension installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 10:44 PM

Default Air suspension installation

I got my Easystreet digital air ride kit. Now I need some help getting the thing on the car. I have 2 480c compressors and a 5 gallon pancake tank. I wanted to mount all of this under the car, but I don't think it's possible as far as the tank goes. Don't really want to loose my spare tire since it's daily driven. Any thoughts as to where I should mount this stuff?

Also where the heck should I mount the air manifolds. I'm guessing the wiring harness needs to stay inside the car, because it doesn't look water tight. The wires for the sensors to each manifold don't look very long, so I'm a little confused as to where everything should be mounted. I think I've got all the wires figured out as to where they go. Yellow to the battery, red to a power source inside the car and white to the ignition. There was no wiring diagram included, just instructions on how to mount the front and rear bags. I feel like I'm in way over my head. I used to be a mechanic, so when I ordered it I thought no problem. Now I've changed my tune

I'm going to wait until next weekend to do the install since I'll have 4 days to figure it out instead of 2. Any help or pics of installs would help me out a ton.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Here's a pic of my compressors. It's been said that you shouldn't mount them like this. I see a lot of people running it like this though.

Here's where my my inlets are currently mounted. I am going to pick up more 3/8 line to run them inside of the car. I got elbows for the compressors as well so the lines went straight back.

Here's my wiring. I got 4awg from the battery, splitting into 2 size 8 awg wire to the compressors. I don't know if all the viairs are the same, but I got my diagram still. It shows what to hook up to the relays. This stuff is up away from things. Probably would still get wet, but it isn't gonna be directly hit. I also picked up an OEM style switch that runs to the relays so it isn't operated soley by the key.

There is a guy on clubxb, ToyBox02. He installed the same kit you got and posted pics of the tank in the spare area. Hit him up. Took me 4 days to get done. I worked by myself for the most part. If you have someone who is offering to help, take it! LOL. Overall, it's not hard. It just takes time to figure it out and do it right. Good Luck!!
Old 11-23-2008, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

Sorry man. Kind of read your post wrong. Sent you a PM
Old 11-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Lay your fittings out figure out how your going to hook everything up first that way you have a set plan in your head. Do things in multiple days I did my wiring, tank, pump and rear one day then my front the next
Old 11-24-2008, 01:28 PM

Hit me up with your email address and I can get you a wiring diagram jhart@airliftcompany.com
Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

heres mines its a daily driver aswell but i figured if i get a flat thats what friends r 4

my drain plug
Old 11-26-2008, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Messy pic from the install but the compressors on the tunnel and the tank is on the floor behind the driver...

Old 11-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Banned
SL Member

could have went Roberuta but its still looking good
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

anymore pictures? looks good.