Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

The Be All End All Tanabe df210 Springs Thread!(pics too)

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

with the help of my friend kevin (blue05xb) i installed my df210's and it was a breeze. i didnt get any bumpstops so i just cut my stock ones. i also pretty much used up the wrap to make sure the springs didnt creak or make any other noises.

Old 06-23-2005, 10:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, anybody know if the df210s specced for the xA will fit on the xB? i am guessing they will, but the tanabe site gives a different spring and lowering rate for the xA (tdf080) vs. the xB (tdf081)...

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/springs/sp...tions.asp?id=1
Old 06-24-2005, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

maybe the xB and xB dont weigh the same and thats why the height/ spring #

i could be wrong though
Old 06-24-2005, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by eXciteBox
maybe the xB and xB dont weigh the same and thats why the height/ spring #

i could be wrong though
dustin, i think you're probably right. i can't imagine that they make entirely different springs for the xA and xB. but i have a limited imagination. anybody know for sure if these are swappable?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

For anyone thinking of using an xA spring on an xB or vitz springs on their xB, and vice versa... we say "DONT DO IT!" Each of those cars have a specific spring and part number. We spent a lot of time developing springs specificially for each vehicle so that each vehicle application looks and rides the very best.

While the springs could possibly be cross compatible, the spring rates are very different, which can result in very poor handling, comfort, or lowering. It can be even dangerous.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Default Cam Kits?

We just put the DF210's on the xB... they look awesome. We took it in to check the alignment and it's off... going to a need a cam kit in the front and possibly a toe kit in the back.

Any idea on where a person can get these? The alignment shop is working up a quote, but I'm guessing we may be able to get it cheaper. Any suggestions??

Those of you that posted about your alignment being ok... you may want to have it checked. It drives fine... but obviously it's not exactly perfect.
Old 07-06-2005, 04:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tanabeusa
For anyone thinking of using an xA spring on an xB or vitz springs on their xB, and vice versa... we say "DONT DO IT!" Each of those cars have a specific spring and part number. We spent a lot of time developing springs specificially for each vehicle so that each vehicle application looks and rides the very best.

While the springs could possibly be cross compatible, the spring rates are very different, which can result in very poor handling, comfort, or lowering. It can be even dangerous.

thanks, tanabe. i ended up calling your office and getting the same info. so, i skipped out on the deal i had on a set of xA springs at the last minute. appreciate the help, and thanks for monitoring this forum!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

just wondering if i can use the tanabes w/ stock shocks and w/ 40 series tires on my 18 inchers
Old 08-04-2005, 12:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

I am running a 35 !!! No probs what so ever !!! Tanabe's, 18's w/ a 40 would be a perfect combo
Old 08-04-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

yeah i ran kevins 18's with his 35 series and df210's and also had no problems haha
Old 08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you supposed to wrap the front and rear springs with that spring wrap stuff the set comes with?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

just the rear so they dont creak/vibrate andmake noise
Old 08-17-2005, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member

Why is there a picture of 2 old ladies on page 1?! DF210 - comfortable enough that you can drive yo granny around
Old 08-20-2005, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just put theses in my box this morning and wow. they ride better than the trd's that where in there and they look a hell of alot better. anyone that is thinking about byying a set of these do it.
Old 08-21-2005, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

I'm going to be taken my xB rated df210's out of my echo when i trade it in next month for an xB. I was just wondering if installing them is pretty much the same as when i put them on my echo. I had help with my first set of springs (megan racing) and these df210's i put on myself w/o a spring compressor.

I know the rear is the same just undo the bottom nuts on the shocks and pop the stock spring out, put the new ones in (with the coil stuff on them), but in the front, i should take the cowl off to access the top nuts better right? and then the 2 bolts on the bottom of the struts?

I'm just hoping i don't take the struts out and see something unexpected lol. Thanks
Old 08-22-2005, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member

Default Spring Installation on a Scion XA

Here is a link to a recent session I had installing springs on my 2005 Scion XA.

DISCLAIMER: Scionlife.com does not take any responsibility in what you do to your car. This link could be filled with incorrect information. You could be voiding your warranty if not installed by a certified mechanic or dealership. It is quite possible that you can totally mess up your car by using this as a guide to install your springs. This can result in serious bodily injury, death, dismemberment, sexually transmitted diseases and so forth to you and anybody else in case of an accident resulting from failure to take safety precautions and/or following the instructions in this write-up.

Spring Installation on a Scion XA:
http://www.screwtheman.com/archives/...xa_on_a_s.html

Hope this proves informative...

Cheers,
CoffeeBean
Old 08-22-2005, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

thanks, nothing unexpected
Old 08-24-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

How are the xA owners doing with ground clearance?

I'm installing my DF210's on sunday and I can't wait to see the results.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by über-xA-RS2
How are the xA owners doing with ground clearance?

I'm installing my DF210's on sunday and I can't wait to see the results.
They ride great... I am actually enjoying the overall ride more on these than on the stockies...Large bumps hit harder though, but this was expected...
I also scrape a bit on some sloped driveways...I believe my final upgrade to larger 17'' wheels may help this a bit...
it is still dropping and I can now tell the front is now balancing out better...

have fun installing them!

cheers,
CoffeeBean...
Old 08-25-2005, 12:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thanks.

As a solution to the ground clearance issue, if your scraping in the front you can trim off part of the airdam in front of the wheels. this piece hangs down a good 1.5 inches and I know if I run into a scraping issue, it will be the first item to address.

Quick Reply: The Be All End All Tanabe df210 Springs Thread!(pics too)