Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Before and After spring pics - Stock, NF210's, DF210's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Before and After spring pics - Stock, NF210's, DF210's!!!

Hey guys,

Just thought you'd like to see the difference between the stock springs, Tanabe NF210's, and Tanabe DF210's...

In a nutshell...

NF210's - I originally got the NF210's because this is my wife's car and she didn't want to go super low. The NF210's provide a nice drop and a taught, sportier ride than stock, without the harshness of the stock springs. On our xB, the gap was either dead even, or slightly lower in the rear by maybe 1/8 of an inch. Definitely too small a difference to really bother me...

DF210's - Well, we entered a couple of local car shows, and placed in each, so I told my wife I wanted to do a little more. I said we have to go lower when the judge at one of the car shows asked us if the car was lowered, he he he. Don't get me wrong, you can definitely notice the car is lower with the NF210's, but for folks who've never seen an xB up close before, you may not notice too much, as they are kinda low to begin with compared to the average car. The DF210's provide a real nice drop, even the day after install (unsettled). The car sits lower all around, and the gap is slightly less up front, providing a small raked look. Keep in mind this is unsettled, the day after they were installed, with an 1/4 tank of gas. No one has even sat in the rear seat yet with these springs, so they may even out slightly over time. The ride doesn't feel as taught as with the NF210's, but it's "smoother", if that makes any sense. Not harsh at all, which is surprising considering they are the lowest spring Tanabe makes for the xB.

On to the pics...

Stock:

NF210's:

DF210's:

Let me know what you think...
Old 04-16-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess it's most noticeable in the front, but I have always been partial to the DF210 drop.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:21 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, it's harder to tell from the pics, but if you look at the top of the wheel in relation to the bottom of the wheel well, you can see the DF210's put the rear about 1/2 inch lower than the NF210's...

:D
Old 04-16-2005, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet looking xb....
Old 04-16-2005, 12:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Very Nice !!!! Like the wheels they go great with the color.

After the DF's settle you will def. notice the difference all around & not just in the front.

Nice Post, Good comparisons, you should add this to the DF sticky anyway as I think this would be very helpful to others !
Old 04-16-2005, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Nice wheels! 16s?
Old 04-16-2005, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice box. Looks like falken wheels?
Old 04-16-2005, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I found this post while looking for info on new springs. I went with the 210's... the pics were great for comparison and the ride sounds like just what I'm looking for.

I'm curious... what size are your wheels?
Old 04-16-2005, 11:02 PM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Thanks for all the kind words guys!

I added a blurb to the DF210 Sticky, linking to this thread as I didn't really want to double post...

...as for the wheels and such, I'm running the Falken Hanabi Wheels, 17x7.5 (staggered offset, 42mm up front, 32mm out back), and Kuhmo ASX's, 215/40/17's all around.

The nice thing about the wheels is that for the money they are just about the lightest wheels around for their size compared to most other 17's, plus they are available with a staggered offset which makes the rear fit more flush with the fenders.

I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out...I got exactly what I wanted, without having to compromise.

Glad to see this thread has helped some folks. I know Scion Life has been an invaluable resource in building up my xB, and it feels good to give something back.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Paulie
Thanks for all the kind words guys!

I added a blurb to the DF210 Sticky, linking to this thread as I didn't really want to double post...

...as for the wheels and such, I'm running the Falken Hanabi Wheels, 17x7.5 (staggered offset, 42mm up front, 32mm out back), and Kuhmo ASX's, 215/40/17's all around.

The nice thing about the wheels is that for the money they are just about the lightest wheels around for their size compared to most other 17's, plus they are available with a staggered offset which makes the rear fit more flush with the fenders.

I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out...I got exactly what I wanted, without having to compromise.

Glad to see this thread has helped some folks. I know Scion Life has been an invaluable resource in building up my xB, and it feels good to give something back.

Paulie,

Does the tires rub in the back with that offset on DF210s? What about with people in the back seat?
Old 04-17-2005, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Team ScionEyed
SL Member

The DF210's look sharp!
Old 04-17-2005, 02:31 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by strand23
Paulie,

Does the tires rub in the back with that offset on DF210s? What about with people in the back seat?
Nope, absolutely no rubbing in the back with the DF210's. I haven't had anyone in the back seat yet with these springs installed but I'm pretty confident it still will not rub at all. I got underneath to look and there is still plenty of room for the tire to tuck up in the wheel well, even with the 32mm offset on a 7.5" rim.

Hope that helps...if you have any other questions please feel free to ask...
Old 04-23-2005, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

those hanabi's are dope....where did you get them????
Old 04-23-2005, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks great!!! One last thing to finish her off would be to paint the calipers black to blend in. Thats what I did recently, and it looks 100 times better. (the stock color is funky) Just trying to be helpful, I love the wheels, very sharp! The drop looks great, you get my two thumbs up!
Old 04-24-2005, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

xAdestro -

The wheels came directly from Falken. You can call them up and they will most likely give you the closest dealer in your area.

If all else fails, you can order them online at Edge Racing. They have hands down the best prices I've seen on these, and they are an authorized dealer for Falken ( I even comfirmed that with Falken directly).

squareone -

I appreciate the input. I've been thinking about that as well. I keep going back and forth between either Black, or that Tomato Red color the graphics are in. Black would blend well though since the rear drims are black too. May go that route, still unsure
Old 04-28-2005, 03:30 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

How do the DF210's ride on the road, over bumpy and smooth? Can you drive most places with them so low?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:57 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

The DF210's have an awesome ride. Much smoother than stock, but yet slightly more taught at the same time. Kind of hard to explain, but they are "just right" in the ride quality department. They are low, but not so low that we have to aviod stuff in the road. They make the perfect balance of a lowered, daily driven car...
Old 04-28-2005, 05:22 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

cool, yea cus mine is a daily driver too and the raods arent to good in jersey. i have been wrestling with what springs to get and i think i will pick up a set of the Df210's
thanks again for the advice

-Chopra
Old 04-28-2005, 06:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey, Paulie!! Killer post and great work on the drop! I've been on the fence about which springs to get and your opinion just tipped my decision in the DF210 direction. Thanks a lot for taking the time to share the wisdom, and as it looks like you just helped Tanabe sell a few sets of springs, tell them to kick a little sumpin sumpin your way. p.s. Sweet ride!!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Are those Falkens not backwards?

Quick Reply: Before and After spring pics - Stock, NF210's, DF210's!!!