Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Better xA traction on bumps

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member

Default Better xA traction on bumps

I'm a new xA owner with little understanding of suspension issues. I've learned a lot from reading here - thanks. It feels like my xA corners pretty well on a flat or banked road, but it's scary when the road is even a little bumpy. It feels like it's 'skittering' to the side (that's a technical term) and it terrifies me. I don't want to change the car height and am looking for an economical improvement. From what I'm reading, a Progress rear bar is kind of a no-brainer... will that address my need? Do I need springs, or is that just to change the car's height? TIA for your help.

--Turo
Old 05-04-2006, 12:48 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

try to find the TRD rear frame brace for the echo it'll bolt right up on yer xA nicely!!! onetongarage rear spacers works good too. lowering it is all up too you i have tanabe NF210s slightly lower then the trd springs, trd struts and shocks gt spec front lower frame brace dc sport strut tower brace
Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the recommendation. Does someone feel like giving a little background on why a frame brace helps for this?

Partshippers.com has a GTSpec Aluminum 4 Point Chassis Brace readily available - is this the same sort of thing, and indicated for this problem?

--Turo