Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Hotchkis Sport Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Hotchkis Sport Springs

How many of you are running these springs? What is the overall drop and ride quality?

Pics would be nice too
Old 04-01-2006, 11:42 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Drop is about perfect. Ride quality is pretty rough, but it calmed down dramatically when I put on the rear SensaTracs.

Here are a couple threads on this topic, with pics of mine.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=76214

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=107907
Old 04-02-2006, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have them and i think the drop if perfect also.

The ride is still rough with the stock tires on, I just put on a pair if 17" with 205/40 tires and beleive it or not it does ride alot better than the stock goodyears.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:29 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I should note that while it does ride rough, it handles/corners like no other.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I HATE HOTCHKIS!!! sorry for bursting your bubble hotchkis lovers, but these springs are CRAP!!! You wnt a decent set of springs that wont drop as much, Tein H-Techs, but if you want a more aggresive drop Tein S-Techs. Heres the thing, i bought the hotchkis and used them for about 2,000 miles, they went to the race track and everyday driving. In my experenice they are noisy (no rubber inserts on the coils), uncomfortable, spring rate doesnt match the weight of the car, as for the handling they are OK but compared to the Teins im running now HA!!! as for the hothckis what hotckis? I never had hotckis springs. (hehehe) At least the drop is very subtle (this was a good thing). Thats the only thing that bothers me about the Teins, the drop is very low and i rub everywhere especially with the front chassis brace. Once again this was my experience, just remember i DO HAVE basis of comparison because ive tried 3 different sets of springs, not like most people here that bought the hotchkis say they are awesome but have never tried a REAL spring company. Do me a favor and DONT buy these springs, get H-Techs, youll thank me later.

By the way i still have my hotckis springs if you still want them i can sell them to you for about $50.00 + price of shipping (PM if interested). I wouldnt recommend them to anyone.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

My Hotchkis do not make any noise, but yeah, they are stiff.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

My hotchkis springs are great! I have had several people in my car say dang this rides good for being droped, I also put trd struts and shocks on, I like them and recomend it to anyone!! I also have hotchkis on my 96 Impala ss and it rides good as well!!
Old 04-04-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

its pretty much up to you. I guess i should laso say i have koni adjutables shocks, that might de the difference
Old 04-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by JSosa
I HATE HOTCHKIS!!! sorry for bursting your bubble hotchkis lovers, but these springs are CRAP!!! You wnt a decent set of springs that wont drop as much, Tein H-Techs, but if you want a more aggresive drop Tein S-Techs. Heres the thing, i bought the hotchkis and used them for about 2,000 miles, they went to the race track and everyday driving. In my experenice they are noisy (no rubber inserts on the coils), uncomfortable, spring rate doesnt match the weight of the car, as for the handling they are OK but compared to the Teins im running now HA!!! as for the hothckis what hotckis? I never had hotckis springs. (hehehe) At least the drop is very subtle (this was a good thing). Thats the only thing that bothers me about the Teins, the drop is very low and i rub everywhere especially with the front chassis brace. Once again this was my experience, just remember i DO HAVE basis of comparison because ive tried 3 different sets of springs, not like most people here that bought the hotchkis say they are awesome but have never tried a REAL spring company. Do me a favor and DONT buy these springs, get H-Techs, youll thank me later.
Every single time someone asks about hotchkis springs you come out a bash them. You are the ONLY person who has had a problem with them. I have 2 friends that have the hotchkis spring on the xB's and they ride fine. No noise or anything like that. 99.9% of the time when you get noise from springs it's because you didn't install them properly or they are upside down. If you wan to come out here and tell someone what your personal experience then do fine that's what the forum is here for. But please stop with the broken record about how much you dislike Hotchkis.

Anytime you lower a car it is going to ride siffer than stock that's just a fact that cannot be avoided. After they settle they soften up a little though. Personally I like the way they handle and ride but that may just be me. It drop is like everyone else said about perfect. One of the local guys has some goldlines and the hotchkis springs are actually a tad bit lower.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

aren't forums about your OWN personal experience??? Sharing information about products. I had a bad experience and im warning the person about it. It is as simple as that. Share your point of view of a certain product with a person that is planning on buying them. If you had a bad experience with ANYTHING, would you recommend it to someone??? No right, then calm down, i hated the springs and i let him know why. And if someone else asks, GUESS WHAT???, the broken record will play again. SO have fun with your hotchcrap springs.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I agree! All JSosa was doing is speaking his mine, Thats what fourms are for !
He gave his opinion about the springs !

On the other hand I like TeinS Springs , Nice drop and a decent ride, and no alignment problems , tires going on 15,000 miles and Wearing normal
Old 04-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I know he was speaking his mind and that's what the forum is here for but like I said he bashes the spings like they are the worst thing on the planet. There is nothing wrong with Hotchkis and he's the only person who has had the problem he is describing. Speak you mind all you want but please stop bashing the the springs.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

I have the Tanabe NF210's with Koni shocks in the rear and monroe sensa-track struts and I think this drop is perfect. It's not so low that I am scraping or rubbing, but low enough to get rid of the gap in the wheel well.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
I should note that while it does ride rough, it handles/corners like no other.
Agreed.

See my profile for pics.

-THE DON