Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

I Know This Has been Asked Alot Of Times.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 06:20 AM
5 Year Member

Default I Know This Has been Asked Alot Of Times.....

But I'm new, I just got my Xa not even a week ago, but anyway...I'm contemplating on either Tanabe DF210 Springs or Tein S-Techs. Which one in your opinion is the better one? I'm really into Touge and I want some springs that can just kick ___ on Touge-ish roads. I also just ordered a DC Upper Strut Bar to increase rigidity and I'd like some really good springs to compliment it. I'm also, for the mean time, gonna be running on the stock wheels/15's and I want to make sure that either springs wont give me bottoming out problems. Much Thanks.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tein *search* s *search* Techs IMO
Old 06-24-2005, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Signature Visions
SL Member

i have a xB, but im running tanabe df210's on my sock wheels and its GREAT. no bottoming out, but i cut my bumpstops for more travel. the strut bar wont do much of anything but look pretty under your hood. the shocks mount so close to the firewall they arent going to budge. get the progress rear sway bar, its supposed to give the car way less understeer. if you go to ptuning.com they give a 5% discount for scionlife members. enter ptscionlife at the redeem coupon part of your cart.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Partshippers has a package deal on springs and rear sways the is very reasonable. www.partshippers.com
Old 06-24-2005, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, you got the wrong car for touge-style driving. You better work some tires into your plans because the stock Goodyears suck. They will scream and beg for mercy long before your suspension gives out. Throw some Aziens on those wheels...

GL!
Old 06-24-2005, 11:53 PM
Lip
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Re: I Know This Has been Asked Alot Of Times.....

Originally Posted by thatsfetch
But I'm new, I just got my Xa not even a week ago, but anyway...I'm contemplating on either Tanabe DF210 Springs or Tein S-Techs. Which one in your opinion is the better one? I'm really into Touge and I want some springs that can just kick ___ on Touge-ish roads. I also just ordered a DC Upper Strut Bar to increase rigidity and I'd like some really good springs to compliment it. I'm also, for the mean time, gonna be running on the stock wheels/15's and I want to make sure that either springs wont give me bottoming out problems. Much Thanks.
The front upper strut bar isn't really needed. The shock towers are so close to the firewall that everythiing is already rigid.

Thank you Frankenscion....

Our setup is perfect for what your looking to do. Its agressive yet forgiving for daily driving. Unlike some of the other springs on the market...the progress auto don't have alot of "dead coils". Dead coils are basically how some of the manufactures give you your lowered stance. Its weak coils that collaps onto one another leaving the last few coils to do all the work.

case in point..the goldlines i "had" on my scion with the progress auto rear sway bar.

i highly recommend this package we put together for the scion community https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...78deee4c944c3b

you will NOT be disappointed. My xb is absolutely neutral and can handle with the best of them. ride is great and performance is really up there. Its perfect for autoxing, time trials or hpde(high speed driving courses).

Jeff
Old 06-25-2005, 12:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

coilovers along with front strut bar , rear axle stiffener ( read "sway" bar ) , some cusco front strut mounts , maybe a roll cage? then yer set for touge
Old 06-25-2005, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What is touge? I have never heard of it.
Old 06-25-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

a style of mountain type racing from japan. basicaly curvy insane stuff . kinda like initial d but less drifting. sometimes no drifting at all. lol. :::::i believe :::::