Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Jacking points

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Default Jacking points

I know where to place my jack to lift each corner, but where would I place it to lift both front wheels off the ground at the same time. I want to paint my brake calipers and want to do them at the same time to save time.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2007, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

You can throw a jack stand on the frame rail.

Alternately, there should be two metal 'V' looking things back there too.

I just use the frame rails, it's worked fine for me.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just put springs on my box last night and i had a similar issue. If you have the Scion Manual, i believe it is like page 167 that shows jack points. For the kind of jack i had, the jackpoint was too far toward the rear of the car to jack up both wheels at the same time, the jack was too tall... if that makes sense... so me and my buddy ended up using two factory jacks that are used to change tires, and putting them directly behind each of the front wheels at that jack point. That allowed the front wheels to be lifted up at the same time. Hope that helps.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Basically there is no jacking point that allows both front wheels to be lifted equally at the same time. Do one at a time and put it on jack stands on the frame rails.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wonder if anyone will read this cuz the last post was about a year ago..
but my car didn't come with a manual because i bought it used, and i was wondering if someone had a picture to show me where the jacking points would be?

i'm trying to jack up the car because my wheels are too wide for my ramp..
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

With a floor jack you can jack anywhere along that rail that runs about 3-4 inches inboard of the side skirt. In the rear you can use the tie down things on either corner. Plus there are notches in the rocker F/R where the sideskirts end where the stock sissor jack is to be used.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm.. i'll look along there.
i need to jack the rear of the car because i want to change my axle back exhaust..
which tie down things in the corner are you talking about?

i looked a little under my sideskirts and near my rear wheel and my front wheel, i followed along the straight edge and then there were two small notches (looks like it could have been chipped) near the wheels. i was wondering if that was it?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Tie down things are in the rear corners just inside the rear lips. They were used to tie down the car with chains during transport. The brackets are bolted to the frame rails out back and hang down. The pass. side one is right next to the muffler. You can't miss them.
On a different note.... Did you at least use the missing owners manual as a bargaining tool when you bought the xB? It should have been worth whatever a new one costs at the dealer. You should order one or hit up a junkyard and get one. There is plenty of useful info in it to make it worth the cost and effort to get.
I don't understand why/how they can disappear??? I've bought $200 junkers that still had the manual in the glove box. No excuse for missing OMs.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And NEVER try to jack the rear of the car by lifting at the center behind rear bumper. Even though it has a convenient looking bracket there. It will cause so much body flex that the hatch may never open and close properly again.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Reactor
And NEVER try to jack the rear of the car by lifting at the center behind rear bumper. Even though it has a convenient looking bracket there. It will cause so much body flex that the hatch may never open and close properly again.
really? i thought the owner's manual specified that point as a jacking point... im gonna double check that, ive used that point before, i dont want to use it again if im not supposed to...
Old 02-26-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryuji16
Originally Posted by Reactor
really? i thought the owner's manual specified that point as a jacking point... im gonna double check that, ive used that point before, i dont want to use it again if im not supposed to...
I know that it's a jacking point on the Yaris 3 dr. for a fact cause my dad just got one. I don't see why or how it would damage anything if the owners manual says it's ok?
Old 03-05-2008, 07:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i jack it up there all the time....
Old 03-06-2008, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm pretty sure the owner's manual in my '06 shows a front jacking point near the center of the front, but with mine lowered on S-tech's I don't think there's a jack short enough to get all the way under there.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

When I go to jack up my xb on stech's I part the car on some 2" by 4" and the extra 1/5" allows my floor jack to fit under. Just be careful when you let it down. DONT go to fat or it will hit on the jack saddle.