Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Please just a easy answer.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Default Please just a easy answer.....

I keep having to go to different threads for Shock/Strut questions, this is what i have to ask(very detailed)
Need new Strut/Shocks, had Tokicos but wasnt really feeling em. Times r hard right now so Monroe or KYB is where im leanin. Now that Monroe makes them for XB specifically should i get those instead of the Echo specific? And like wise with the KYB, direct or Echo? I plan to get either goldlines or Tein S techs(possibly DF210's) thanx for the advice and hope to solve most peoples problem with having to look at 30 different threads for a good response
Old 06-26-2011, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The main reason people are using the Echo strut over the xB strut is that the mounting brackets are mounted high on the Echo strut making the xB sit a 1/2" lower in the front when using the Echo strut over the xB one. I am still running stock struts and shocks on my DF210s and I don't know if I want to go a 1/2" lower in the front as I can have scrapping on some driveways now. I have read good things about the Monroes and most people that are using seem quite happy with them,, but I can't really comment on that. I can say that the DF210s are a good choice, lowest drop on springs and the ride is still nice....until I put on my 18s, then it can get a little choppy.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:04 PM

Thanks man, I also was running Progress springs and have a problem with them rubbing against each other when the spring compress. My buddy works on my car and noticed that the springs rusted easy and he said it was cause they were rubbing. So i think im just going with reg Monroes and still up in the air with springs
Old 11-04-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shocks and struts is really more of a trial and error thing...much like the search function: you need to use it to find out. The reason there are pages of info about them is because each situation is different. Monroes are good for comfort, but too soft for some. KYB is good overall. Depends on what you like. Pony up and read through some pages of info.