Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

steering"push"

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default steering"push"

im having some issue lately in that when im driving at moderate(30-45) i have a "push" from the left then the right intermittently at irregular intervals and it also does this at hwy speeds. the only thing ive done is the sway and endlink bushings. and ive had those on forever. this problem is within the last week. any ideas or similar exp?
Old 07-24-2006, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Depending on mileage, get it aligned and they'll let you know if there is a problem with anything else. Better to know for sure than to keep guessing.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it might be time, ive got almost 27k on it, but it just doesnt drift when i take my hands off the wheel-at least not alot. how often are you supposed to align?
Old 07-24-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Not sure? Just when you need it I guess. I've got 28 K and everything is still fine.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: steering"push"

Originally Posted by cadaver
im having some issue lately in that when im driving at moderate(30-45) i have a "push" from the left then the right intermittently at irregular intervals and it also does this at hwy speeds... any ideas or similar exp?
Hopefully it's a matter of a looseness in suspension or alignment and not a power steering problem. I can see how power steering can freeze or jam, but not how it could introduce an active push.
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...163&highlight=
Old 07-24-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it might not be the alignment, but it could be the steering knuckle has some teeth missing. i used to drive a suburban for my work and in curves it would jerk the wheel from ya. not alot, mind you, but enough to get your attention. called the svc. dept. and well see what they say.