Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

TRD shocks with Tein S.techs

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:26 PM
5 Year Member

Default TRD shocks with Tein S.techs

Hey guys noob here, I'm doing research for my GF's xB she'll be getting soon. From what I've read here lots of people like the Tein S.techs. I have S.techs on my Mini Cooper and love them too.

I was wondering if anyone was running Tein S.techs with TRD shocks on their xB's? Hows the ride? Smooth or really harsh?

On my Mini the ride is very harsh..but I have 40 series tires on 17" rims and worn stock shocks haha. My GF wants a some what smooth ride with better handling.

Thanks!
Old 11-17-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

While I don't have Tein springs, I do have Tanabes attached to my TRD's. The spring rates of the Teins are a little stiffer than the Tanabe springs so there isn't that much difference. In my experience the ride quality is a bit harder than that of the stock components primarily because of a boost in compression rates of the TRD's over the stock shocks combined with stiffer springs.

I like the ride quality of the TRD's and Tanabes and I'm sure the ride quality of the Teins may be a bit stiffer but just as good. It's a good combination of comfort and semi-racing performance of upgraded suspension components.

You will feel the bumps and cracks in the road so the car will not ride like a Mercedes-Benz but it will be comfortable enough for the average daily driver.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:54 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks for your input.

I'm not expecting a super comfy ride...I just hope its not as stiff and as harsh as my mini! hehe
Old 11-17-2005, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

koni yellows will make a big difference, but are much more expensive than TRD shocks. one popular option is just to replace the rear shocks to save on a bit of money. i personally went with monroe sensatracs all around -- really great price and very comfortable, but not for those into hardcore performance.