Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

WARNING!!! Airlift Struts could be dangerous

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

well it looks like I will be hand delivering my old struts to Jeremy, I am heading to HIN, in Chicago next week, and am going to make the short drive over to them, and swap them out in person, and check things out.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^^^Sounds like a plan! Let us know how things go...
Old 08-19-2008, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Box_Rod
^^^Sounds like a plan! Let us know how things go...
will do.
I wish I was able to take DOA up there, and have them swap them out right there for me.
but when I took them off last week, grease and oil was pouring out of the air fitting on the pass side, so I am glad I took them off when I did. so I am driving gothbox up there.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Goth you do know it is about 4-5 hours from Elmhurst to Lansing????
Old 08-22-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ogerdgonz
Hey Goth you do know it is about 4-5 hours from Elmhurst to Lansing????
yea, we are leaving Monday morn from Chicago.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 PM

Jesus man!! I haven't this much trouble with air bags on xBs since the easystreet struts locking up. I hope everything works out man. Yeah I had to build my set-up and had to measure everything. I love my set-up now, but would never want to do that again! I really hope they take care of you on this problem.

Old 08-23-2008, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member

I've been dealing with the clunking 1st editions for as long as all of you, when I received the new version I was sooo happy and eager to try them. 20" x 7.5" wheels, oops on day 3 I dropped it like normal while moving and popped both fronts. thats what I get for assuming. A flatbed ride later I was back to the originals. Jeremy sent me the new new design with the slotted lower holes and while I've yet to have time to try them I still feel that some credit is due to them for sending me 2 pair of struts FREE with shipping paid and never asking for the old ones back. hopefully I can get good clearance with the new new ones but you know the ride was so much better those 3 days I might just go to a smaller wheel and bend a little less fender lip , also i'll be LOWER!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Goth how did things work out for you?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

well Jeremy called me Mon morn and said that he did not have all the parts. SO, I just shipped them to him from Chicago, and he said it will be next week before they have all the parts in. so yeah, glad I got my other box running, so I can drive it.
really wonder how it would have went down if he knew I only had one car?
anyways, I guess I play the waiting game now. He has mine now, they were delivered yesterday.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are a free replacement so it could be worse.......
Old 08-27-2008, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

They are a free replacement so it could be worse.......
yeah a "free" replacement under warranty, thats diff, then if I was just getting them replaced when they were not under warranty. I was told Fri that everything was cool, then on Mon morn everything is not? "someone must have sold them" was the answer I got, over the weekend?
whatever. I am just glad a have a 2nd car to drive. would be nice to take the other one to a show this weekend, but oh well.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member

at least you have a second car - i put my new struts on in the beginning of the week hoping that everything would be fine and dandy - wrong!! so with the new struts on and clearance issues with the bags (rubbing hard on inside of rim/tire) i took the 18's off and put the stockers on. then i drove 350 miles/ 6 hours to michigan and back all on the new struts. no problems as of today - been over a month now! so no worries with the new struts!

gothbox - just talked to jeremy yesterday and you came up in our conversation (just trying to look out for ya and spread a good word). they are waiting on the top hat bushings, of all things a piece of plastic from china, so that is why you are getting "it will be a little longer of a wait" story. and dont feel to bad - i ended up paying for 1 - 1st gen struts at full price because my warranty expired and when i popped my bag in the rear (they were sleeved bags) i ended up replacing the whole rear kit for $300. so overall, its not that bad - but i know the waiting is killing you as it did me!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

From what Ive seen Jeremy has bent over backwards to help people out. which is awesome.. Not to mention the Easy street front struts are the lowest in the market for the gen 1 xb/xa.

Im sure we will see a few lemons come out of the assembly line but that happens.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gothbox
well Jeremy called me Mon morn and said that he did not have all the parts. SO, I just shipped them to him from Chicago, and he said it will be next week before they have all the parts in. so yeah, glad I got my other box running, so I can drive it.
really wonder how it would have went down if he knew I only had one car?
anyways, I guess I play the waiting game now. He has mine now, they were delivered yesterday.

Goth, I apologized for the issue, but I didn't want you to waste a trip all the way to Michigan for nothing. Unfortunately it wouldn't have mattered if you had 1 or 20 cars, someone snagged the struts that were meant for you. We are working as quickly as we can on getting the new struts out and I apologize to everyone that it has taken this long. The struts are NOT dangerous, we moved the bag down on the strut a little to enhance lift and ride quality and found out that people with wider wheels will actually rub the bag, so back to the drawing board again! We have taken care of the noise, rubbing, and camber issues with the latest set and as soon as the parts come in next week we will be able to ship. If anyone has any questions please contact me directly at jhart@airliftcompany.com
Old 09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Box_Rod
I find it interesting that the following post was made today (8-14-08 @ 8:06 AM) on another xB site from Jeremy at Air Lift:

"No, the issues with the front struts have all been taken care of. No more noise, or positive camber issues. I will try to get some pictures posted of the new struts."

I'm not saying anything bad about Jeremy, he has been extremly patient and helpful with us xB owners...but give me a break... we are seeing/hearing issues with these "new" struts.

Just my $0.02 worth...
Seems like Airlift never changes. I had their original kit on my car for about a week back in '05. It never worked for more than 20 miles.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah... Idk if this tread is dead but, damm my front struts start leaking from the top nut! And I had them on for less then a week ! Send mine out 2 get fix! Now my car is sitting and that's my only car I have ]= hope they fix it fast cuz I need my box back !
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bbscionxb, two things, one who did you buy your kit from and two did you tell Easystreet that this is your only car?
Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got my kit from FBI but airlift drop ship! And no I did not tell them this was my only car!!! Damm 1 week pass and still carless what should I do!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well that is what happens when you buy from an online store with out customer service. Someone else had this happen and Scion Pro had a new strut on the way the next day.

Call Easystreet and check with them to see if they have it, has it been processed and most importantly when is it going out.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ther sending me a new one =)

Quick Reply: WARNING!!! Airlift Struts could be dangerous