Notices

Enkei NT03's

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2004, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member

Default Enkei NT03's

I've been searching around for some rims for my tc for a while now and have decided on these:
http://www.superbuytires.com/wheels/model/Enkei/NT03/

The only problem is I have no idea what size to buy, I want atleast 18's as I believe i read somewhere 19's rub in the front. What size rims and tires should I buy?

-Thanks
Jay

Btw im a complete noob when it comes to this stuff
Old 11-03-2004, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I don't think you are getting 19s in those rims.

Rubbing is a product of width and offset. Get them right, and you will have no rubbing.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just get 17s unless you want a show car ...

i am wondering why everyone wants 18s on such a small car as the tC

16s are even fine although smaller. the smaller the wheel the less the tire has to rotate the less the engine has to work the better the gas milage
and the better times you will get

heck my car has 14" steel wheels...
Old 11-04-2004, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jake25
just get 17s unless you want a show car ...

i am wondering why everyone wants 18s on such a small car as the tC

16s are even fine although smaller. the smaller the wheel the less the tire has to rotate the less the engine has to work the better the gas milage
and the better times you will get

heck my car has 14" steel wheels...
That is exactly the opposite of true. Larger wheels (more specifically greater overall diameter) means fewer revs per mile, which = better gas mileage.

The tC really is not that small. And the high body lines swallows up wheels. 18s look great on the tC, 19s look even better, the 20s on the Nitto car are getting into the wierd looking range.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you're right im' stupid..i never posted here >_<
Old 11-04-2004, 04:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jake25
you're right im' stupid..i never posted here >_<
Nah. Its confusing. Because of the greater diameter, the fuel gauge usually tells the opposite story, so a lot of people mess it up.
Old 11-04-2004, 04:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

gud job hakeye :D
Old 11-04-2004, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, but you still get crappy gas mileage if you get a heavy wheel. And you're more likely to get a heavy wheel if you're running 19-20s...

I always found that a neat experiment. Take a disc that weighs 5 lbs. and a ring that weighs 5 lbs. Put them on a slope and watch which rolls faster... The disc will roll faster because the weight is distributed better than the ring. Centripetal force has to act harder against weight around the outside track of the rim than it does on the evenly distributed weight of the disc. Makes you think about wheel construction on a new level 'cause pure weight isn't the only issue coming into play, really...
Old 11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HyperZ
Yeah, but you still get crappy gas mileage if you get a heavy wheel. And you're more likely to get a heavy wheel if you're running 19-20s...

I always found that a neat experiment. Take a disc that weighs 5 lbs. and a ring that weighs 5 lbs. Put them on a slope and watch which rolls faster... The disc will roll faster because the weight is distributed better than the ring. Centripetal force has to act harder against weight around the outside track of the rim than it does on the evenly distributed weight of the disc. Makes you think about wheel construction on a new level 'cause pure weight isn't the only issue coming into play, really...
Right. The mileage gains from larger diameter is only with all things being equal (weight and distribution of weight).
Old 11-04-2004, 05:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

this is a direct quote from Motortrend on their review of the tC

"The supercharger cooks, but our early sample suffered from excessive driveline lash in on-/off-throttle conditions. We'd stick with the base chassis setup and 17-inch tires. They offer the best ride/handling balance, and the 18s and 19s up the overall gearing by 1.9 and 2.4 percent, blunting acceleration a bit."

and here's a link to the review - http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...ntc/index.html

I say go with 17's-18's - 19's are pushing it and your ride will suffer, not to mention you'd need low profile tires (and I mean really low) so your rims would just be hanging out there for anything to tear em up, you've got a little bit of tire to rub on in the 17's, less in the 18's and don't even think about the consequences of accidently hitting a curb in a pair of 19's.... oh and how sad I would feel for you if you had to replace one of them for a dent or unrepairable rash... that's like a $500 wheel you're talking about... minus the tires.....

The stock tires are Bridgestone Potenzas P215/45ZR17 and to break that down the "P" is for Passenger, the type of vehicle, 215 is tread width in millimeters, The second number is the height of the sidewall; it is a percentage of the tread width, the "Z" is the speed rating, "R" means it's a Radial tire, and the 17 is the wheel diameter in inches. I believe the wheels are 7.5in wide, almost positive on that.

If you're getting wheel upgrades, you better get good tires too, I love the Pirelli Pzero Nero's and I read somewhere someone had a nice set of Yokomo tires on their tC - but if it was me - I'd go with a real nice LIGHTER THAN STOCK set of 18's, something like 18x8.5 rear 18x8.0 front with some Pzero System Direzionale skins, or Pzero Nero All-season maybe look into Yokomo.

but whatever you do, expect to pay about $2500 for all 4 wheels and tires
Old 11-12-2004, 09:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out our selection of Enkei on the wall. Look there's some Gold NT's sitting on the far right just waiting for a TC.

Old 11-13-2004, 01:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

are the TC's supposed to be 5 x 100's?
Old 11-13-2004, 08:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Shoot my bad. I'm totally thinking xA/B. MY BAD. Starting over now. lol.

Oh MAN this is beautiful. You guys have a Subaru WRX fitment. +48 5x100. This is a very easy wheel to get. You can run a variety of Rotas as well.

I have a ton of good quality wheel suggestions for you. The I have a set of GOLD NT03+M 17x8 +48. It's in the pic above on the far right. I'll give you a super spanking deal if you wanna rock the gold. We are new here and I'll do almost anything to make a lasting impression with scionlife.

I've got a few other wheels here as well that would work.