I need some wheel/fitment help please :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default I need some wheel/fitment help please :(

Ok, well.. I have a local friend with a super hard-on for my mag-lites, and I don't think that I'm really feeling the whole 'tuner' look anymore.. So I'm looking for some new wheels to purchase.. I don't want to spend a ton of money, or have to do alot of modification to get nice fitment..

So here are my choices, and more suggestions are very much welcomed..

(I am rolling on Tanabe DF210's, Current tires are Toyo Proxes4 215/40/17)

Sportmax 962.. 17x7 front 17x9 rear..(not sure offset) What do I need to get these to fit without rubbing? If fender rolling is required, can I get that done at a body shop or something? (I'm not into the DIY on this particular subject) Also, do I need spacers/camber to get proper fitment?

Sportmax 002.. 15x8 +0.. Spacers? Fender rolling? I've read in countless threads that you have to rock the fender flares with these.. why?

Anyway, please send suggestions my way... Again, I really only want 15's or 17's.. Other wheel suggestions would be great... I may end up keeping the mag-lites if it is going to be too hard to fit these wheels *sigh*..

Well, I've been awake for 22 hours, so if this message looks like gibberish, just ignore it ;P going to bed.. Thanks in advance for the advice.