Notices

Scion got a handfull of upgrades (xa)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 03:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion got a handfull of upgrades (xa)

Well due to a slight shop mishap with my truck it's been in the shop for bodywork. While it's down my wife decided to start drilling me about doing 'something' to her car as I've neglected it for nearly a year. So she got some upgrades and 1 we're still waiting on receiving.

Picked up a set of decent wheels from the classifieds. They will require more work to clean up the clear coat and curb rash. (there was more than I thought, way more than I thought) but whatever I'm a wheel guy and have saved $700 billet wheels in the past, this is no biggie.
New shoes:

and a pulley for good measure:

She also got my Roady 2 XM tuner and a new radio.

We're waiting on the Tein springs I bought and paid for over 2 weeks ago from eBay (wonder if they are retooling the fake springs and that's what the delay is) So once we get those the xA will be 1.5 inch lower or so. Anyone get fakes from 'highperformanceoutlet'?

I think she's been spoiled this week which is ok because i have stacks of things for the truck when i get it back. Her car is almost to the point where I'd take it to a show.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Careful with that pulley, as I believe it is under driven. You may run into charging/electrical issues through the use of that pulley. If you want to play it safe put that one up on ebay and get yourself a Perrin, Agency Power or ZPI (relabeled Agency Power) pulley.

Have any close ups of the wheel damage?
Old 04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm fully aware of the drawbacks of an underdriven pulley. If it doesn't charge well I'll rewrap the ALT (was the ORG plan) or put the stocker back on. The wheel damage is pretty significant. I did a quick sand job so she didn't think I bought her some thrashed wheels.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow likes tight!