Notices

Spacer help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Spacer help!

Im looking at spacing my wheels 25mm rear, and 15 mm front.

I was wondering if anyone has spacers on their Xa, and if so, what sizes?
I am concerned about 2 things, the first is that in the rear, I will be buying H&R bolt on spacers and I am concerned with how much of the stock studs will be sticking through the spacer, I am currently finishing up my exams in college, So unfortunately I cannot just pull my wheels off to measure the stock stud lengths. I am concerned that they will stick out too far even though my wheels (I think) have space to compensate for this since most wheels do.
My second concern is with the front spacers. I want 15 mm, and from what I can tell, H&R's 15 mm spacers are just slip on hubcentric spacers. So I do not know if It would be safe for me to use the stock studs, If they do make a bolt on 15mm spacer, I have the same fear that I do in the rear, that the stuck studs will stick out TOO far, further than the space on the back of the wheel allows. I really do not want to have to cut my studs because I am in Rochester Ny most of the year, and we have long winters so I will be taking the spacers off in the winter so my snow tires will fit.

Does anybody have any comments on my concerns or does anyone have 15 mm spacers and could tell me what they had to do to get them to work?
Any comments in response to my concerns is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

use my hub spacers in the rear, they bring the entire hub out so you don't get the excess wear on your wheel bearings. Up front, get hubcentric and longer studs.