Notices

VIP Wheel Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The sadest thing about buying VIP rims for the box is they made it a 4X100. I wish they would had at least made it a 5X100 instead. Then you would have a little more varieties to play with.

I would contact Freddy or Elroy at Autofashion. The site is www.autofashionusa.com. The phone number is on the site if you wanna call them up.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

memoryfab.com
Old 12-07-2005, 04:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

I know this isn't the highest class wheel, but for the price it doesn't look too bad, would it be considered VIP? (with some camber?)

http://wheelstudio.com/catalog/produ...=215-35r18&t3=

What size tire would be good for these?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a quick question for all of you VIP types...

For a wheel to be considered "VIP" does it have to be a JDM wheel? If not what makes a wheel "VIP." I know that it can't be a tuner style wheel, and that a nice fat lip is preferred.

So what exactly makes a wheel VIP?
Old 12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

High quality and agressive fitment from what i know ... but being that i have to start payin for some college **** soon i think i'm going to have to skip the high quality part. The only high quality wheels i can afford while i'm still in school is the euroline's. I like them but i want to try something different.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good call Rebelman. Be original and do somethin new.

VIP wheels are consisting of something wide with agressive offset to go on an aggressive stance. Thats what I think of but theres many defintions. Most of the ones Ive seen are monoblock wheels, but depending on the stance and how you do things, other wheels can too. (aka the white/TCM bB with the Noblesse kit) In no way do they have to be JDM at all. When thinking VIP, I tend to think "Camber and slammed"

Scott

More
Old 12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s
Just a quick question for all of you VIP types...

For a wheel to be considered "VIP" does it have to be a JDM wheel? If not what makes a wheel "VIP." I know that it can't be a tuner style wheel, and that a nice fat lip is preferred.

So what exactly makes a wheel VIP?
A wheel itself is not VIP, VIP is the combo wheel, stance, and fitment. You can get Euroline DH in 18x7.5 +30 with a 2" drop, and it's not really VIP.

No, it doesn't have to be JDM either. Just remember true VIP cars are those rwd, long, wide big body sedans like older Q45s and Lexus. Those cars are already considered true VIP even w/o any modifications, so they can sometimes rock tuner-style wheels like BBS, Work Meisters, Garson Deep Racing, etc....

Now, wagons, boxes, kei cars, compact cars, sport cars, trucks, etc... are not VIP cars at all, but they can look very cool trying to emulate the VIP style. Sooo, with non-VIP cars, it becomes more important to choose a wheel that immediately says VIP like dish faced wheels with camber.

Huge lips are not always neccessary as long as the STANCE is right. A lot of VIP wheel companies make monoblock wheels with no lip at all. People just rock spacers. Some designs even emulate OEM style of luxury cars like Mercedes: http://www.g-corp.co.jp/estatus/estatus/sml/top.html or Audi http://www.fabulous.co.jp/products/w...esis/index.asp

One thing for sure about wheels good for VIP style is high quality....no poor quality machine polish, no wavy chrome, etc...
Old 12-07-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by TXboxdriver
http://www.keskinusa.com/main/main.html

16x9's 4x100 KT1, KT4, KT5 styles
Oh yeah, KT5s in 16x9 w/ +15 and +25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very nice.

http://www.keskinusa.com/kt5/kt5.gif
Old 12-07-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Also, i really like the Work Equips. I like how shelby's xB looked. I'm torn between going for a sporty look or VIP look. I wish i could just buy 2 xBs for different days lol, but with that money i'd just buy a more expensive car probably.

Anyhow, coule the Equip 1's be considered VIP? I'm not sure of the size that shelby ran but i think they were 15x9? and like a negative offset? I'd love the Equips if i could have some dish but not have them stick out as "skateboardish". Would that be possible? Maybe if i ran like 15x8 with like +20 offset or something? Any ideas?

If i rocked them cambered a little bit with air could it be considered VIP? I know with 15's on air i could get pretty low
Old 12-07-2005, 06:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Here is a pic that i like:

http://www.autornd.com/catalog/image...e/Equip01t.JPG

I like the sporty look of this xB. I know some people would look at that and be like "i don't like the little gokart wheels" but the peeps that know what they are would have respect for it.

I also like it because it's a wheel i can afford + tires i can afford (as opposed to bigger sizes). I wonder how it would look with camber dumped with air ride
Old 12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do sporty style. everyone and their damn brother is hopping on the VIP bandwagon. do your own thing and be unqiue.

to answer your question though, when done right, 15s CAN be VIP. its all on how you do everything else on the car. example:

Old 12-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that car is also my favortie bB out there!

another thing too, is it does have a sport look about it too.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

yea thanks for the encouragement. I like that xB definitely different.

A side note, i found this website selling the works (slightly more than autornd). I'm just posting the link because they have a page for xB/xA fitment on the works, how does the size sound?

http://store.finalstageauto.net/fina...oeq01whsx.html

Front: 15x7.0 4-100, ET25.
Rear: 15x7.0 4-100, ET25.

At least for the most part i shouldn't have to worry about rubbing and i can drive normally without worrying about anything too much, unless i pop an airbag or something >_<; Will that have a decent lip? I think the size listed is the size of the wheels in the pic of the red bB.

I PMd rishie @ autornd to see what they suggest, i can always go wider! Besides i could get 15x8 all around for cheaper than the site i just listed (from autornd, cheaper that is)
Old 12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Also, should i stretch the tires on them or what? What is a good size to get and a good place to get a decent price on the tires? Doesn't snow here so i can run a "summer" tire
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Oh snap, had to post this up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WORK-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 12-07-2005, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rebelMan: Equips are not VIP, they are old-school wheels, kinda like wearing shelltoes or dunks Also, camber and stretch don't make a car VIP. You only need stretch tires when you wheels are so flush that the tires rub the fender. When you stretch tires and the tires STILL rub and the wheels stick out "like a skateboard, " THEN you need camber....got it ;)

My suggestion, just pick up a an issue of VIPcar and just let the style soak in...

Originally Posted by sexyscionlover
do sporty style. everyone and their damn brother is hopping on the VIP bandwagon. do your own thing and be unqiue.

to answer your question though, when done right, 15s CAN be VIP. its all on how you do everything else on the car. example:

I don't think that white xB on 15s looks very VIP even if it says so...lol...maybe old-old-school VIP/Yankee style...??

From my perspective, it seems 99% of people are doing sporty style, and very few are attempting VIP and even fewer getting it right. I would say that more and more people each day are starting to learn about awesome wheel fitment and actually thinking about stuff like withs and offsets. I never even heard of VIP and offsets before Scion...lol
Old 12-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea im learning too. i love the body kit on the above bB, and thats what i think makes it so VIP. going by the rules of wide and low though, it would qualify. its true when i think 15s, VIP doesnt come to mind.

i love the sporty look myself and will kinda abide by that more than anything .

And I agree somewhat with what you said Rico. VIP is really not getting through to people here. I can only think of maybe a half dozen xBs in the US that are true VIP styled. Most are a bastard mix of American, Luxury, Euro, and Sport.

Im not a fan of all the 18" DHs or whatever. Im an old school fender mirror and go kart wheel kinda guy
(off topic, but im a HUGE fan of your Borbets Rico. VERY hot)

Thats just my noob .02 at work

Scott
Old 12-07-2005, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Scott, i think it's just hilarious when you type/say something,
supposedly 'thinking' you know what you're talking about...
...then people tell you wassup.

'bastard mix' hahha. guess you run under that.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Rico got everything pretty much covered. One thing to remember though is...

VIP= Expensive. There is no substitute or way around it. You cannot get cheap wheels and expect it to be VIPstyle. There is a price to pay when going down the VIPstyle route.

I think thats the biggest misconception on this forum about VIPstyle. People think they can do VIPstyle on a budget but it just wont work. You just have to save up all the money you can until you have enough to buy the right thing the first time. Do it right or dont do it at all.

People make it seam like everyone has DH's but if you really think about it theres no more then 10 Scions, if that, in the US with DH's. hahahaha!

Thats really not that many guys. We just so happen to post up pics of our cars because we are trying to get people to open up to the VIPstyle.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

Plus, I think some are inter-twining ViP w/ JDM, thus some of the confusion.

I like the JDM/SpoCom styling of low stance, staggered offset/width wheels, camber, and the occassional body kit/lip change. Plus having parts made for the bB helps too.

ViP is more than just external mods, gotta have the interior for it also.

Quick Reply: VIP Wheel Suggestions