Scionlife.com

Scionlife.com (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/)
-   Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Wheel & Tire (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-wheel-tire-1608/)
-   -   What are the rims on the Kenstyle xB?? and other rims i want (https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-xa-xb-1st-gen-wheel-tire-1608/what-rims-kenstyle-xb-other-rims-i-want-681/)

Besk_one 11-20-2003 06:42 PM

What are the rims on the Kenstyle xB?? and other rims i want

so here's all the rims i'm toying with getting - in the next month or so i'm going to get new laces for my box and i'm having trouble deciding here's the contenders:

http://www.kenstyle.co.jp/02_LINEUP/...TA/bB/E_XB.jpg
what are these rims on the Kenstyle? any info on them would be appreciated!!

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/sportmax/922.gif
Primax 922 (or ICW Arachnid)

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/ADR/msport.gif
ADR M-Sport

http://www.spyeng.com/spy/MOD.jpg
Axis MOD Se7en

Longoscion 11-20-2003 06:51 PM

bro,

those are racing harts in that pic. I highly recommend the seven mod from Axis.

V

flipnotize29 11-20-2003 06:56 PM

i say u go RACING HART CX thats the ____!!!! only thing kinda expensive.... :(

Scionic 11-20-2003 06:57 PM

Axis, RHs(3 piece's are always phat in my book ), ADR, then ICW IMO

Longoscion 11-20-2003 06:57 PM

The axis look great and have a fat lip.

stankubrick 11-20-2003 06:58 PM

The Kenstyle ones look like Racing Hart CR
http://www.racinghart.com/wheels/116.jpg

I've been looking for rims too, but I'm a wheel newbie. What size are you thinking about getting? I'm thinking of getting 17s, but I think deep lips will make it look smaller. I was thinking rims with spokes that go up flush will make 17s look bigger?

BTW, if I had the cash I'd go with the CR. Does anyone know how much the Racing Hart C5s go for (not the RH Evolitions)?

While I'm at it, does anyone know the rims on the Stewart Company SEMA xB? Primax maybe?

https://www.autoweek.com/specials/20...nstewartco.jpg

good luck

flipnotize29 11-20-2003 07:02 PM

either way you cant go wrong with racing hart wheels.

Besk_one 11-20-2003 07:08 PM

i'm going 18's for sure, and it's really coming down to the Racing Hearts and the Axis rims - the thing is that i'm going to have to shell out more money that i origianlly planned - the raching hearts are freaking EXPENSIVE! if i can find them for a decent proce i may go with them, or if RH Evolution makes a similar rim that's cheaper - or if the guys at spy engineering can swing me a good deal i may go with the Mod Se7ens...

....or i might totally change my mind and go with something different... ahhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrgh! the dilemas ;)

showpaojoe 11-20-2003 07:16 PM

Axis with the Maxim lip-3.25" Those are the ____ but like 5 people have the axis se7ens so I lost interest in them. I've always like the 6 spoke ones, RH's or wudever. Thaz mah choice.

DibujoB 11-20-2003 07:19 PM

Go with the RH! They look tizight!

TheRedBox 11-20-2003 07:20 PM

AXIS!!!!

Besk_one 11-20-2003 07:30 PM

ok, one more question then, where do you get those Racing Heart CR's - i'm finding not a lot online to check prices and availability...

flipnotize29 11-20-2003 07:39 PM

sprewell racing in san gabriel carry a lot of racing hart wheels

GINNJUICE 11-20-2003 07:43 PM

guys i have R-1 rims for sale !!!17's and 18's any R-1 style i could get, price range from 1000 to 1500 with tires also i do carry goldline springs for 160, ... 220 installed. and injen intake and engine cover. just pm me .

Besk_one 11-20-2003 07:53 PM

ya well.... looks like i can cross those Racing Hearts off my list, $2700 with tires......whooooooooo!

too rich for my blood - i can spend $1500-$1600 but almost $3000 there's no way :(

showpaojoe 11-20-2003 08:16 PM

If you want that style, katana has the same thing and a lot cheaper. I could get those in chrome for $1900. I am wheel shopping too so I know prices on the cheaper brands.

yanges 11-20-2003 08:29 PM

take a look at this:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...431&highlight=

go for the wheels on the orange one!!

and dig those kits man!! 8)

Besk_one 11-20-2003 08:36 PM

ya i just found those katanas in silver 18"x 7.5 for less than a grand shipped - good lookin - maybe i'll get those and hook the RH's up after i win the lottery ;)

showpaojoe 11-20-2003 08:55 PM

If you like chrome, its like 500 more. I suggest you go look at em because they say this weird little thing, not katana, like racing bolt or some ____ like that, racing something. I'm goin for looks not quality since funds are low. I just need something for the pomona show.

Besk_one 11-20-2003 09:08 PM

ya i'm sure i could get over whatevers written on them - as long as they look allright i'll be fine - RH quallity would be nice, but at 1/5th the cost of my xB i think i can sacrafice a little and save the $$$

i'm not too big on chrome, but i'll check 'em out

thanks joe!

JDMxB 11-20-2003 09:30 PM

Ok--let me clear some stuff up here.

The rims on the Kenstyle xB are indeed Racing Hart Type CR 3-Piece.

In my opinion, I would take the real deal Racing Harts over all those other rims you showed, or mentioned.

RH EVO IS NOT RACING HART...they are two seperate entities, the latter being the one with the historic name behind them and having a really good reputation as far as rim quality and looks are concerned. RH Evo on the other hand, I can't honestly say the same about.

RH EVO does make a similar rim to the CR Multi Piece, but it is just called the RH EVO CR...the difference is that the EVO is a ONE piece rim, as opposed to the 3 piece Racing Hart CR.

Someone did mention Katana making a knockoff of the CR ONE PIECE...If I were you, i'd honestly look into getting the RH EVO CR's if you want that look, but don't want to pay Racing Hart prices. The Katanas are like a knock of a knock off...

There are plenty of ONE PIECE wheels out there, trying to fake the funk and look like a multipiece wheel...they make look similar in pictures, but if you ever see say the CR Mutli and the CR single piece side by side--you will easily be able to tell which one looks better, and is really a multipieced rim.

I liked the Axis Mod 7 before, but with everyone and their mom rocking a set, especially in TSW...it's really difficult to recommend a purchase, just because everyone already has those wheels!

Besk_one 11-20-2003 10:19 PM

i know that the knock offs wont be as nice as the real deal RH's - but when the real deal costs 3x the price, i'm willing to trade off quallity, for affordability (since it's either knock-offs or no rims at all!)

i'll look into the RH Evo's and see what's up with them

thanks for the tip!!

so who's running the MOD Se7ens? i've only seen Adrians car with them on?

JDMxB 11-20-2003 10:43 PM

Adrian and I don't remember his name..but his Scionlife name is Mod7xB.

yanges 11-20-2003 11:15 PM

Brian

these are the ones i really like, i just can not find the pic that shows it from the side:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3151

look down towards bottom of first page of postings for the black one with the big spoiler!

does anyone know what those wheels are? thanks!

plus, look at these:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2003

down at bottom of page, the silver one...

ScionVan 11-21-2003 01:45 AM

If you're trying to emulate the look and stance of the Ken Style xB, getting the affordable one-piece versions of the CR wheel will not make it look like the car in the pics. In all honesty, it really is the offset of the 3-piece Type CR wheels on the Ken Style car that makes it look the way it does. Trust me when I say that even a minor change of 5mm can make a huge difference. Even though you may not be able to "see" the 5mm, it's visual impact is super dramatic. Ask the guys who have run 5mm spacers on their rear wheels to push them out a little closer to the fender. Unfortunately, as you've found out, the real Racing Hart Type CRs as seen on the Ken Style car are megabucks!! So it does come down to your ultimate decision on whether you can justify spending that much for such a big purchase on your car or not. One thing you can be sure of is that if you do decide to go with the $$ rims, you'll never regret it!

Besk_one 11-21-2003 02:19 AM

ya, i figured i'd have to run at least 5mm spacers with the 1 piece rims, i was actulley planning to run them regardless of whatever rims i got (unless i get the axis with the 35mm offset) most everything out there is between 43 and 40 so a 5mm spacer would make it 35 - 38 offset, more along the lines of what i want...

well see maybe i have a rich uncle that dies and leaves me a boatload of money ;)

yanges 11-21-2003 03:13 AM

the ultimate wheel:

http://www.jessejameswheels.com/44.htm

but u are gonna need that rich uncle :lol:

JDMxB 11-21-2003 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by ScionVan
If you're trying to emulate the look and stance of the Ken Style xB, getting the affordable one-piece versions of the CR wheel will not make it look like the car in the pics. In all honesty, it really is the offset of the 3-piece Type CR wheels on the Ken Style car that makes it look the way it does. Trust me when I say that even a minor change of 5mm can make a huge difference. Even though you may not be able to "see" the 5mm, it's visual impact is super dramatic. Ask the guys who have run 5mm spacers on their rear wheels to push them out a little closer to the fender. Unfortunately, as you've found out, the real Racing Hart Type CRs as seen on the Ken Style car are megabucks!! So it does come down to your ultimate decision on whether you can justify spending that much for such a big purchase on your car or not. One thing you can be sure of is that if you do decide to go with the $$ rims, you'll never regret it!

Preach on, brother Van!

Simply put...with wheels, you get what you pay for. They have the most visual impact on any car, and they really MAKE the car, in my opinion. Rims, are something you don't want to skimp on, because you will be regretting it later on.

HotBox 11-21-2003 04:46 AM

im having the same problem
CRs or TEs
TEs or CRs
:?: :?: :?:
arghhhh
a little help please

Docofmind 11-21-2003 04:58 AM

I actually got the Katana VR6 s last week. Came to find out that the 18s with the 45mm offset dont fit. NO where near. Im running a 5mm spacer all the way around but in the process of making custom ones. They ll actually be read tomorrow.

Goingh with around 15mm in the front and 25mm in the rear. I ll post pics ASAP.

I would have gotten the racing harts if i thought it was practical, i already have two sets of Volks for my S and this would have just been lame. Same style wheel for 150 a piece.

JDMxB 11-21-2003 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by HotBox
im having the same problem
CRs or TEs
TEs or CRs
:?: :?: :?:
arghhhh
a little help please

What color is your car...I'll help you make a choice right now...hehe.

scioninla 11-21-2003 10:17 AM

Either way you wont go wrong with any of the wheels you mentioned. Go with the style you want and what's in your budget.

I have owned SSR, Works (Ewings), Bang Vec, Panasport, Gales..I still have my Racing Harts on my Integra to this date...you name it I probably had it one time or the other..from the Super Fin to Super Mesh to stars, RS-B ..I even had Fittipaldis, Momo and Etoile in the past...used to trade with friends to get a different look on the cars.....did not realize how many rims I used ..but then again I started in 1988...

What I have learned though (this is my personal opinion) is yes..you get what you pay for but sometimes companies take advantage of consumers and charge more for a name....If Mugen for example or Volks..decided to put their name on Rota wheels..then people would pay more for them and think they are the best...

I have damaged rims where they literally shattered (Racing Harts and SSR) and I had friends running Rotas and those things are solid as hell..

If you are running a race car or use it on the track then go with some nice light weight Japanese wheels..but for the xB....why pay top dollar for a name if you can get the same look or better for a lot less....

From the choices you asked for I will probably go with the Axis..as you all know I had used 3 of their wheels in the past 4 months or so...
I personally still like the Axis TC Evo since they are unique (damn..Nilo is going to run them now) and you can change the rings when you curb the rim...
Even though I have the only 7Mod Maxis lip for now..I like the TC Evos still..and like Jason said..everyone and their moms is running the 7Mods....actuallly as far as Team Scion West members..It's just Steve Carlson and myself..(Longo's xA has them too) there are several running the Axis Wheel Site Mesh 2. You can also get them powder coated ( I am getting mine done soon in gun metal or black)

But hey Jason...there is another guy in the Valley with the Volk GT-N in gun metal like yours..also have seen 2 other cars..but I think they were running R-1 GTR-10...it's hard to tell which one is which unless you really are up close..even Rotas fool me from Volks, Mugen and Spoon unless I get real up close to inspect them.

If you want an awesome deal ..I also have some Velox VX-5 in 19x7.5 on Falken Azenis....they have a street price of $2200-2300 but I might sell the ones I have for around $1750..I only used them for 2 DAYS!!!

Here are pictures of what I have used and what I am using now so you can see the differences...You can say that I like Axis..not because those guys are my good friends...they have a good price and they are unique..no copies from other companies...

But again as I mentioned...regardless of brand..go by the style that appeals to you and go with in your personal budget...don't let a name decide if the wheel is the best for you or not....all the wheels you mentioned are good quality,,,,so what ever choice you make.you won't go wrong.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/fb303151.jpg
1st set of wheels - 19 inch Axis Wheel Site Mesh 2
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...3/fadbf93a.jpg
Axis 19" TC Evo - with red interchangeable rings..you can paint the rings too.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...e/fa8192e2.jpg
Velox 19" VX-5 on Falken Azenis - these are 19x7.5 so it has a lot of clearance and does not rub at all - FOR SALE.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...f/fa87f222.jpg
Current Wheels - 19" Axis 7Mods with a 3.25 Maxis lip on the rear - Probably going to stick with these for a while...gonna get them powder coated and leave the mirror polished lip....No more wheels for me for some time

JDMxB 11-21-2003 05:39 PM

Hey, i'm all for good quality wheels at a nice price--after all, we all can't afford EVERYTHING we want for our cars, and not all of us have the connections to get sponsored for alot of things on our cars.

But for whatever us little guys have to show for, we are proud of it. I would have loved to pay next to little to the mods i've done on previous cars. That's probably why my xB is close to stock--lack of funds, and I don't know people that can hook me up, etc. I don't care if people mistake my rims for another brand, because what others think of what I do to my car or what rims I rock I could care less. I know what I have, and I like them, which is all that matters to me

As far as rim choices are concerned I wanted to run the Axis Mod 7 even before I had my car--I emailed certain people about the availability and everything, and they were even good TSW supporters and all, but all I got were empty promises. Sorry to say, but before I knew it, Steve already copped a set of Mod7s on his xB. I didnt feel like going through all the trouble and end up having the same rims as another TSW member, especially so soon after he just got them. My whole point is that I like to be a little different..there may be another xB with GTN's...but I don't know of one currently in TSW, the group of owners that I most closely associate with.

And you aren't always paying for the name. You are most of the time paying for that quality difference not found in the less expensive copies. Let's take a look at my rims, since we brought them up already. There are a few copies out there of the GTNs, ones off the top of my head include an offering from R1, Velox, and the ADR Sokudos. One clear difference between the Volks and the other named companies is that the Volks are TWO PIECE wheels, while all the others are ONE PIECE. Please don't tell me you can't tell the difference between the two...it's painfully obvious, and that fact right there dispells any notion of paying less for the SAME thing.

I love all sorts of rims, and I know you do too Adrian...actually I saw a set of Bang Vecs the other day and it made me think of how old school you are...damn 88!!! I was freakin 5 at time. I also admire very much how Axis does not rip off rim designs from other companies--this to me is the most important part...they design rims by themselves..they are original! A breath of fresh air nowadays. Do you think it's right for companies like Tenzo to make money off of nothing but copies off of another companies designs? If you were Volk..I think you'd be ____ed too bro.

I still say CR's first, (although they are mad $$$) Mod7 Second...but make sure you get the Max lip like Adrian...that ____ looks proper.

HotBox 11-21-2003 05:58 PM

JDMxB my car is white and i was thinking more along the lines of bronze or a graphite kind of color

scioninla 11-21-2003 06:02 PM

Hey..Jason....so does this mean you wanna trade wheels..LOL

Just to let everyone know that I wanted to get the Volk GT-N for my car but was unable to find used ones..price is out of my range..

Jason got a killer deal on his wheels...

I recommend to check around for used wheels and you'll find a deal of a lifetime if you get lucky.

Jason - is the only one in TSW that I know of that has Volks GT-N so I give him much props...

Volks are definetly quality but the prices are just too high..they actually already dropped too...

By the way the Axis NE-0 is almost similar but not quite to the SSR NEOs in the olden days....

Also, Jason......I am working on getting you that back pack...just to let you know..

PEace

JDMxB 11-21-2003 07:18 PM

Haha..man, with the stress I have had over the past 3 months over my wheels I might have taken you up on that offer.

I did come up big time on these wheels, but the stress associated with making them fit right was not worth it, in my opinion. I bought the wheels like 3 days after I had the car, and back then, there was no wheel fitment guide.

Needless to say, i've spent a few hundred to get them to sit as they are now. They come out and sit nice and pretty flush--but at the extra cost of the spacers I needed to use to make them clear the calipers up front. Headaches upon headaches...godamit stupid high offset wheels over here!!!!!!

The car will be undergoing some changes in the near future...that might include different rims...Hopefully I can make my TSW boys proud at the first show I can attend...damn, it makes me smile just to think of the future...! Well...let's just put it this way...I've been away for awhile and occupied for a reason..a good one, I promise. It will something that you guys aren't going to suspect...but it will make TSW as a team VERY proud. TRUST ME!!! haha. Thanks A...I appreciate it.

I really like how Axis goes the extra mile to make nice offsets for our cars...another reason to go with the Mod7s...no worry about special ordering certain offsets to make them fit your car. For an example of how nicely they sit straight from the factory, just look at Adrians pics he just threw up...awesome.

Remember when you rolled up to Life Plaza to meet up with Darrel that one time A...your car was STOCK...look how far your ride has come after such a short time...damn, memories!

ScionVan 11-21-2003 07:34 PM

Ah, not meaning to burst anyone's bubble, but Axis' mainstay of wheels actually are knockoffs of other wheels. But they are very smart in that the knockoffs are of wheels that are not commonly-sold in the US, so people will not know that they are not the originals. The Wheel Site Mesh, for example, is a facsimile of the previous generation Veilside Andrew Mesh wheel. Axis actually started life in the US as another Rota, Tenzo R, Icon, etc... with its copy of the old Advan TC wheel back in the days. But it's grown large enough now to have non-knockoff wheels in its lineup also. But the most interesting fact is that Axis in the US is actually rebadged Lenso wheels everywhere else in the world. Lenso had a sublime push in the US with the lightweight VPD wheels, but basically, if you go to Europe or Asia, you will see "Axis" wheels, but the name on them will be Lenso!
(yes, I like wheels too much :)

scioninla 11-21-2003 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by JDMxB
Haha..man, with the stress I have had over the past 3 months over my wheels I might have taken you up on that offer.

I did come up big time on these wheels, but the stress associated with making them fit right was not worth it, in my opinion. I bought the wheels like 3 days after I had the car, and back then, there was no wheel fitment guide.

Needless to say, i've spent a few hundred to get them to sit as they are now. They come out and sit nice and pretty flush--but at the extra cost of the spacers I needed to use to make them clear the calipers up front. Headaches upon headaches...godamit stupid high offset wheels over here!!!!!!

The car will be undergoing some changes in the near future...that might include different rims...Hopefully I can make my TSW boys proud at the first show I can attend...damn, it makes me smile just to think of the future...! Well...let's just put it this way...I've been away for awhile and occupied for a reason..a good one, I promise. It will something that you guys aren't going to suspect...but it will make TSW as a team VERY proud. TRUST ME!!! haha. Thanks A...I appreciate it.

I really like how Axis goes the extra mile to make nice offsets for our cars...another reason to go with the Mod7s...no worry about special ordering certain offsets to make them fit your car. For an example of how nicely they sit straight from the factory, just look at Adrians pics he just threw up...awesome.

Remember when you rolled up to Life Plaza to meet up with Darrel that one time A...your car was STOCK...look how far your ride has come after such a short time...damn, memories!

Hey..J...as always ..let me know if you need hook up on parts..benefits of being in TSW...
By the way..what's going on with Joey..did he sell the CRV yet so he can get an xB?

Hope you can make it out to the Xmas party and the car show..I think your car looks nice the way it is right now...

Hope to see you guys soon.

JDMxB 11-21-2003 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by ScionVan
Ah, not meaning to burst anyone's bubble, but Axis' mainstay of wheels actually are knockoffs of other wheels. But they are very smart in that the knockoffs are of wheels that are not commonly-sold in the US, so people will not know that they are not the originals. The Wheel Site Mesh, for example, is a facsimile of the previous generation Veilside Andrew Mesh wheel. Axis actually started life in the US as another Rota, Tenzo R, Icon, etc... with its copy of the old Advan TC wheel back in the days. But it's grown large enough now to have non-knockoff wheels in its lineup also. But the most interesting fact is that Axis in the US is actually rebadged Lenso wheels everywhere else in the world. Lenso had a sublime push in the US with the lightweight VPD wheels, but basically, if you go to Europe or Asia, you will see "Axis" wheels, but the name on them will be Lenso!
(yes, I like wheels too much :)

Ah yes...I remember back in the day the Axis Touring Cups, were very close to Advan TCs...and a I remember not too long ago the Lenso VPDs...simple 5 spoke star type wheel, they were pretty light if i remember correctly.

And update with Joey...he's still trying to sell the CR-V. Something about it having 100k+ miles on a year 2000 car isn't too appealing to most people for some reason...lol. But yea..he's still around!

JDMxB 11-21-2003 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by HotBox
JDMxB my car is white and i was thinking more along the lines of bronze or a graphite kind of color

Definately rock the TE37 in Bronze.

It will be so badass with that configuration...just look at all the white cars with TE's in the honda scene rolling around...and times it by 5 because that's how badass the xB looks on TE's. haha.

Go with TE's in bronze. You will never look back!