Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

After market power mirrors.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 02:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default After market power mirrors.

So I bought some after market power mirrors for my 2005 Scion xB that already had after market mirrors. The dumb owner before me never had the power mirrors working...so I have nothing to go off of. Right now I have them mounted and the markers go on when I turn my headlights on. They do not blink & they do not move yet. I need some pointers on how to get them to move and blink. I see the pNp spot for the power windows but the new mirrors don't come with the pNp adapter.

The new mirrors have a 2 wires from each light strip red/black ground etc.
Then they have a red, white & black wire.
Attached Thumbnails After market power mirrors.-yh-3269-cb.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by LanceC85
So I bought some after market power mirrors for my 2005 Scion xB that already had after market mirrors. The dumb owner before me never had the power mirrors working...so I have nothing to go off of. Right now I have them mounted and the markers go on when I turn my headlights on. They do not blink & they do not move yet. I need some pointers on how to get them to move and blink. I see the pNp spot for the power windows but the new mirrors don't come with the pNp adapter.

The new mirrors have a 2 wires from each light strip red/black ground etc.
Then they have a red, white & black wire.
Just guessing not a electrician. You may have to chose either to have it steady lit with your headlights or To get them to blink, i would think that you would need to connect to your turn signal lights. I have my mirror lights covers set tapped into the power mirror wires + turn on with an accessory switch on the bottom of our center console, which you can add 3 switched if need, such as the fog lights.

As for the power, do u still have to old mirror power wires leads attached taped up on the car window or were they totally removed. I don't remember if it was 3 or 2 wires. I would think if you reconnected it should work with your OEM mirror switch. Or maybe u can try to get the Plug + PLAY ADAPTER or SPLICE IN.
Good Luck
Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah right now im more concerned with getting the power mirror to operate...and yes there is the stock wires attached to the door, i guess i will have to give it a try and splice it or look for a plug and play adapter...thanks for the help!