Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

bB and xB different bumpers? Body kit fitment

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 03:28 PM
5 Year Member

Default bB and xB different bumpers? Body kit fitment

Veilside said the 04/05 bB and xB have different bumpers, and that if we were to use a bB body kit...we would need to modify it quite a bit to work with the xB. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Old 08-13-2004, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

pm bbist for that info, but I'm sure they are different.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well 1st of all, the bB has a space in the bumper for the license plate, since their plates aren't mounted in the hatch, which means for a clean install, you'd either need to shave the hatch, or shave the new bumper.

Also, there's 2 differen't bumper widths. Some of the years of the bBs work ok, some are wider than our xBs...i'm sure someone knows more about this and can elaborate more on this.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1st gen bB's have an overall shorter length. THe front bumper on the 2nd gen car is 6mm longer the previous. this is to clear the bumper support and make for better aerodynamics. The rear bumper is obvious. the Veilside kit was originally designed for the 1st gen bB. Do some more research and you'll find way cooler kits for the new car.

JDMJim
Old 08-15-2004, 07:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You can, however, make it fit by taking out the bumper bar. It removes a critical safety feature but looks pretty damned good.
Old 08-15-2004, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default umm

dang we need more kits for our xb's........

You can, however, make it fit by taking out the bumper bar. It removes a critical safety feature but looks pretty damned good. .........if you want to die......hahah......
Old 08-15-2004, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, it's one of those "it looks cool" versus "you're going to die" things. It's like aftermarket steering wheels without air bags or something like that.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

yes i just picked up a veilside kit for my xb and the fitment is great except for the rear which is obviously designed for the bb and not the xb but with a lil bit of mod it will work out if any one else has dealt with this i would love to hear about it and see it in pics if they have
Old 01-01-2006, 01:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet James.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered my kit directly from veilside this past may, and it just got here this past september, I also ordered the jdm 1st gen bB upper front and rear bumpers, which have now arrived on shore in CA and I'm awaiting them to get freighted here in VA. Unfortunately I'm out of money for the time being, so I can't get the kit installed, as well I haven't decided whether to shave the hatch, order a jdm hatch, or I saw someone with a carbon fiber 1st gen style hatch for sale and might hunt that down.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 01-02-2006, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i had to remove my front and rear bumper bar to install my fabulous kit.
i work at lexus and i asked some of the tech's and they told me that that bar dosn't realy do that much in an accident. but dont take my word for it remove it at your own risk.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, i've already looked into their lip kit because i want it. It requires significant modification to the xb in order to force fit it, part of the reason no one really has it on the xb. You wouldn't have to shave the hatch to install the kit.

03-06 xb is all the same, you will have issues.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

If its version 2 bB it should fit w/ no problems, but if its version 1, should adjustment will be needed.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

hey i got it on all 4 sides and they all fit the rear was the biggest pain but it is on and fits good nice snug tight fit actually a million times better then i thought they would pics to come soon
Old 01-02-2006, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Max2k
Yeah, it's one of those "it looks cool" versus "you're going to die" things. It's like aftermarket steering wheels without air bags or something like that.
ROFL
Old 01-03-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

http://photobucket.com/albums/a193/2...%20body%20kit/ pics of the kit in the first stage
Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats not the real veilside kit, the real kit is white with raised lettering on all parts and has their stamp on the backs. Fitment looks really good though.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, Veilside isn't printed on every single part with rasied lettering unless you are talking about the logo. In which you are right, but i believe the logo is hidden on the bottom of the parts except for the rear bumper.

But that isn't a true veilside kit, at least in detail it looks nothing like the one for the bB. Its probably a knock off for the Xb made to look like it. It looks pretty good though if you painted it, and from the pictures when blown up a little it looks like you still are suffering through some crazy fitment problems still around the wheels and places on the front.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.veilside.com/veilsideusa/aero/toyo/bB.htm#

Top one is the veilside kit, bottom one is your picture. Your kit might be real, but it looks like theres some differences in the front bumper area. Where did you buy it from?
Old 01-03-2006, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

for the veilside bb kit, there is a raised "veilside" logo on the center of the front bumper, on the rear of the side skirts, and on the bottom of the rear bumper and on the spoiler on the bottom of the rear. And on my kit they have stamped (just inlayed ink I guess) Veilside, and some other company information on the backside of the front bumper, sideskirts, and rear bumper.

When the weather clears around here, I can post pics of the real kit uninstalled if anyone wishes to see them

Quick Reply: bB and xB different bumpers? Body kit fitment