Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

CALLIN ALL XB's WITH H4 HID's!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 09:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default CALLIN ALL XB's WITH H4 HID's!!!!!

Well I recently just got mine from techone. The only problem is that I ordered h4 6000k and when I installed it into my car, I went driving at night and it was just a regular halogen color.. not that bright... AND.... it shines like 15 feet high! I don't know if its maybe I wired it wrong somehow? I'm curious if anyone had the same experience or could help me out on what I can do. Because I thought 6000k gives out this really nice white/aqua, but now I'm confused? Oh yea, I couldn't find where to put this topic so if I need to be moved... please move me!
Old 02-24-2006, 09:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

some pics might help...
did you get the bi-xenon...
or just the one with no high beam??
Old 02-24-2006, 12:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

um apparently you installed it incorrectly?

4300k is white. 6k has a blue tinge.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

you are probably using a bulb that does not have a reflector on it to keep the light from going up too high. My HIDs have that.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I have the single low beam one. It has a reflector, but I was wondering if has to do with the reflector on the HID bulb AND the reflector in the stock xB headlight. Do they like... counteract to cause this? I'll try to take some pictures tonight. I'm all sad about this =(
Old 02-24-2006, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did your set come with a yellow wire? If so that means you have a halogen high beam and thats what is running and why your shooting straight up. Change the prongs around from thier current position and you should find the HID in one of the combos...
Old 02-24-2006, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay.... I will probably fiddle arond with the wires.... thanks though
Old 02-25-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well it depends caus ei have hid but they dont looks soo bright but thats cause i have projectors so they filter alot of light in them, they'er still brighter then stock. i love them. try getting a 12000k... but i also have the h4 900 or 9000 i forget...
Old 02-25-2006, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

How about getting rid of the picture in your sig, given that it's not allowed....
Old 02-25-2006, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

butits odd though, literally it beams out ALOT less light. I think I am going to fiddle arouhd with the wires today... hopefully I'll come out with a combo and realize I just wired them wrong... haha. Thanks for everyone's help though
Old 02-26-2006, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no success at all you guys. Whats up with this techone HID... I'm kinda worried a bit now. idid quite al ot of different combos and nope... still that freakin color and shining up... hmmm... help me out guys!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just do like i did take it to a shop. now worrys and if something messes up they have to fix it... remember you get what u pay for
Old 02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you have a pm toto
Old 02-28-2006, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: CALLIN ALL XB's WITH H4 HID's!!!!!

Originally Posted by ToToRoxbB
Well I recently just got mine from techone. The only problem is that I ordered h4 6000k and when I installed it into my car, I went driving at night and it was just a regular halogen color.. not that bright... AND.... it shines like 15 feet high! I don't know if its maybe I wired it wrong somehow? I'm curious if anyone had the same experience or could help me out on what I can do. Because I thought 6000k gives out this really nice white/aqua, but now I'm confused? Oh yea, I couldn't find where to put this topic so if I need to be moved... please move me!
I just replaced my stock headlight reflectors w/ projector units. I'm telling you this because I still have my H4 HID relplacement bulbs in the stock housing, the ballast is still on the car for my new H3 HID bulbs.

I also had the 6000K unit which is as close to white light as I could get w/o going the next step down. Double check your mounting prongs where it's held by a retainer spring....maybe that's not lined up properly and could cause the light beam to be 15' higher. If this isn't the case, you're wiring probably isn't the problem either. The kit I have on mine was good from the get go and I've had them for about 14months w/o any problems and lighting was much better than stock.

Worse case scenario is to re-adjust your light housing for the proper height of the beam....my .02 cents.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

HID bulbs have to burn in, They can look yellowish for a few weeks depending on how often you use them. Give them time you will should start to see change in color after a while.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok just some notes...he has the Techone HIDs. I have this exact pair and have had problem. It shouldnt look like a halogen at all. Im thinking that he wired it in a manner where he has just the Halogen high beam working which would explain why he has a yellow halogen looking bulb pointing straight up...
Old 02-28-2006, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys are the bomb... yep, just a little wiring confusion since the instruction clearly states that the right slot is ground so I thought I couldn't move the black wire from the ground or else it just wont work... =P So thanks everyone! this thread is useless now unless some other people have problems... what a great group of xB's... give yourself a pat on the shoulder =)
Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Alright, i just received my techones in the mail today. Its a 5000k Hi/Lo set
Being its a Hi/Lo set, i knew how to plug the regular HID into the stock harness, but now i have these 2 little yellow wires, which i asume are for the halogen Hi beam. How do i hook These up?
Old 05-03-2007, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here are my 6k H4 lo-only HIDs

Good shot of the lighting output