Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

How to change the whole windshield wiper blades

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How to change the whole windshield wiper blades

Ok, to start, I checked this whole darn site and I couldn't find answers or whatever....the only thing I got for removing wipers was for the rear......

...Well, I want to know how do u replace the whole wiper blade and put new ones?

This is for the front, so yea. I was trying to take off the wipers, but the only thing I see is a black little tab. I tried pulling, pushing, everything and I can't seem to take it off.

I have no owners manual, so I need anyones help. BTW, I have my passenger side wiper on double-sided tape so that it doesn't sratch the window if I accidently turn them on. My blade was basically destroyed......shot, so yea.

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!! lol. Anyone. I need help. Oh, I bought 19' wiper blade kits.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll post pics of what I want to change.

Give me by 6pm today.

I'm actually on double-sided tape peeps. lol
Old 04-25-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

do you want to replace the metal frame along with the wiper blade? or replace ther rubber blade?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

go to your local auto parts dealer, like Oreilly's...they'll put'em on for ya at no charge...atleast they do here in the friendly south.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IH8ONYU
do you want to replace the metal frame along with the wiper blade? or replace ther rubber blade?
Yea....its the metal frame that holds the rubber blade. I'll post some pics right now..

Originally Posted by claybo1708
go to your local auto parts dealer, like Oreilly's...they'll put'em on for ya at no charge...atleast they do here in the friendly south.
Pepboys does the same, but I bought mines at Autozone. I would've bought some Bosch ones or something pricey, but it doesn't rain much here in Sunny Cali, lol.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The pics......I'll post more if u want to, lol.

There is a black little tab that u can press up/down (which ever u prefer). From there, I don't know what to do. I feel like just drilling out that black dot and putting on the new one.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Depress the little tab, then it slides towards the base. The end of the arm is actually a U shaped hook that the wiper slides into. It may take some fiddling if it's been on for awhile.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Yep, push the small tap in hard (you can use a small screw driver if its too hard for fingers) and pull/push towards the base. But be careful not to bend the wiper arm.

Once you accomplish this, you'll be like, dang that was too easy!
Old 04-26-2007, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotweelz4me
Yep, push the small tap in hard (you can use a small screw driver if its too hard for fingers) and pull/push towards the base. But be careful not to bend the wiper arm.

Once you accomplish this, you'll be like, dang that was too easy!
OMG!!!!! I just went outside and did it.........boy, Do I feel like a .....

Thanks guys. Big Ups to the east coast for helping me out like hella quick.

Now, I won't be riding on double-sided tape anymore, .

Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Congratulations!
Old 04-26-2007, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ajayaitch

Thanks for the extra photos..........I finally replaced whole wiper kit, so now rain is no longer a problem.

I was actually driving in rain without using the wipers.........its kinda fun, lol........and DANGEROUS, lol.

Thanks again for the help guys.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey, you guys know that you don't have to stick with 19" right?. i went with 23 and 24 inch and love them. practically covers the whole window. 24 on driver side and of course you know where the other one goes.

I was actually driving in rain without using the wipers.........its kinda fun, lol........and DANGEROUS, lol.
try using "Rain X" that stuff really works and their wipers are good too. i hardly use my wipers in the rain after applying rain x.

--tom
Old 04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by wanachat15
hey, you guys know that you don't have to stick with 19" right?. i went with 23 and 24 inch and love them. practically covers the whole window. 24 on driver side and of course you know where the other one goes.

try using "Rain X" that stuff really works and their wipers are good too. i hardly use my wipers in the rain after applying rain x.

--tom
23 and 24????? Don't they wipe all the way up to the roof? I know the OEM 20' will sratch the paint on the roof.....so yea.

I waxed my windshield one time and it didn't help.........I mean it helped a little bit, but the rain still kept visibility at bay, lol

Oh, I used Meguiars paste wax and some fast-wax in a blue bottle.....I forgot the name.

I'm going to buy some Rain-X and try it out.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no the the blade doen't rub on mine. and oh sorry ma bad. the 23 inch is a 22. sorry about that. wax? is that stuff for your car or window? doens't sound like their for the windows. rain x really help. it's ineffective with dropplets but when you start driving or theres heavy rain that's where it kicks in.

oh yea especially for the back use it on the back. if you notice the back gets dirty very fast. the rain x will help a lot. (my point of a lot) may be different from others until it is tried.

-----tom
Old 04-27-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea, I used wax (like meguiars gold class) on the windows...it was hard to take it off, but it makes them shiny.

But yea, I'll buy some Rain-X when they go on special once more. I heard a lot of good things from those things. Actually, I basically have all the cleaning products for a car except for Rain-X.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Actually, I basically have all the cleaning products for a car except for Rain-X.

heres a funny story. when i first got my box, i bought rain x spray wax. so as a new b, i thought rain x product was the same not knowing they make other applications too. so i sprayed that on the window thinking it was the rain x window product. so it started to rain and though, ****, why doesn't it work. feeling stupid, i asked my friend. feeling more stupid i found out why it wasn't working. cuz it wasn't the right product.
if you have all the cleaners, do you have all of mothers product or at least mothers california gold wax ? man thats all i use. maybe turtle wax cuz i get that for free, but mothers is all i have and need.

--tom
Old 04-30-2007, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

. Bro, I had the same experience. I was using Rain-X fast wax on my window, knowing that though its not for windows, it could help a bit. Psh, it didn't work , lol.

Actually, I just need Rain-X for the windows and some glaze/sealer and I have my detailing galore,

Anyways, this thread has just become the "how to remove the wiper frame and Rain-X" thread, ahahahaha
Old 05-01-2007, 10:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyways, this thread has just become the "how to remove the wiper frame and Rain-X" thread, ahahahaha

----tom