Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...
View Poll Results: Are you currently using LED Tails from IPCW?
If you are not, then why..?
66.67%
If you are, where did you purchase them from..?
33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

IPCW LED Tails... Who's got em..?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 06:09 PM

Default IPCW LED Tails... Who's got em..?

Hey everyone, my name is John and I am with IPCW. Yes, the LED Tail light manufacture. I head up Special Projects and Products here at IPCW. I am currently working with the Scion community to see where our lights are at in the market field. I have been very impressed with the responses and awareness of the people on this site when it comes to feedback and providing information on parts and accessories. I will post some further information our product once I get the OK... But in the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.. I am here to Help.. You can forward all your questions to john@inprocarwear.com

Thanks
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Which ones are the IPCW ones?
Old 02-14-2008, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Which ones are the IPCW ones?
yea x2
Old 02-14-2008, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

watching
Old 02-14-2008, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Honestly... I don't really like them. The layout of the LEDs is fine, but they really need to have either a smoked lens or maybe a red one. The overall design of the board is too obvious.

Also, I don't understand why nobody uses LED for the reverse light. If you're gonna do LED, do the whole thing.

If the reverse was LED and the lens had a dark smoke, it could be hot, but right now, they don't do anything for me.

Here they are, btw.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yah i'm not diggin the red and yellow color nor the chrome housing. let's see it black
Old 02-14-2008, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like these a lot:

for the low low price of 300 bones shipped to your door through fastscions.com
Old 02-14-2008, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

IPCW are junk from personal experience. They leak water and all the bulb holders broke apart they have also faded within days of of installing from the heat of the bulbs. Just a heads up 300 is alot of money.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:19 PM

HWYBOX - everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's cool... As for the list of problems you encountered within days, you should of been taken care of on a warranty claim.. Because IPCW backs it's LEDS with a 1 Year warranty (from the date of being received). As for leaks and the other things that you posted, well I can't say much for the broken bulb holder and if it leaked water, then WOW... IPCW uses a Vacuum Seal.. And with all the light that I have personally either sold or represented, IPCW and TYC were probably the two least that I ever encountered problems with.. As for IPCW not having a reverse LED, future lamp designs will incorporate an LED function.. IPCW's variety on lens colors or background tries to reach out to abroader base of customers.. All in all, I want to hear more on things like this, wether it be negative or positive because I am here to help in way possible.. And if it means me going back with this info so be it.. We will try make things right and better..

Thanks everyone..!! Keep it coming..!!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Well at least they are gonna work on the product..but$300 is very steep if that is the cost
Old 02-18-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I prefer the look and price of my altezza tails.

and they work fantastically!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

custom stock also decent, LEDs soon:

Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

ok...here is my take on them...I do not like the "stop sign" reflector in the middle of the light...i think that looks really cheap...

I feel the $300 price tag is really steep...one thing i would do differently with them is have the whole set up LED, that means reverse lights, running lights, everything... if that happened then i feel more people would pay the $300 price tag because they would be the only ones on the market offering that set up that is not a custom job.

I like the black housing a lot, but before i bought a set of LED tails from any company i would like the whole set up to be LED, i know its possible, just dont know why no one has done it yet.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just like my led's a lil better

lol when i got in an accident...only newer pic i have of the taillights
Old 02-20-2008, 08:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i didn't like em cuz the backup isn't LED... and theres a silly red reflector... ill stick to my non street legal hilux w/ leds until an full LED kit is made....

but if u need market research product testers... i'm here to help
Old 02-20-2008, 10:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by IPCW
HWYBOX - everyone is entitled to an opinion. That's cool... As for the list of problems you encountered within days, you should of been taken care of on a warranty claim.. Because IPCW backs it's LEDS with a 1 Year warranty (from the date of being received). As for leaks and the other things that you posted, well I can't say much for the broken bulb holder and if it leaked water, then WOW... IPCW uses a Vacuum Seal.. And with all the light that I have personally either sold or represented, IPCW and TYC were probably the two least that I ever encountered problems with.. As for IPCW not having a reverse LED, future lamp designs will incorporate an LED function.. IPCW's variety on lens colors or background tries to reach out to abroader base of customers.. All in all, I want to hear more on things like this, wether it be negative or positive because I am here to help in way possible.. And if it means me going back with this info so be it.. We will try make things right and better..

Thanks everyone..!! Keep it coming..!!
Sorry didn't mean to bash these in paticular. But the non-LED ones for my 01 Malibu are the ones I had many problems with and yes you guys sent me a new set with the exact same problems so I was more than a little ____ed, 300 bones is a lot of money for me. And I have heard of similar problems with ur other products but to each his own, I kinda figure any aftermarket light housing is not gona be perfect but if you pay that much you should get a problem free product right? BTW I do not own these in paticular, but have and do own other IPCW lights for my Chevys.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And I paid $325 buck back when they first came out for the Malibu, they were the first and only aftermarket light for that car.
Old 02-20-2008, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They are pretty expensive, but IPCW warrants their products. I paid $280 on Ebay; free shipping from a Wheel and Hubcap store. Upon purchase you should receive a note in the box stating that if there are any manufacture defects to return to product to IPCW directly and not the merchant from where it was bought. Plus they come delivered in the regular IPCW tail light box with your model car pictured on the front.

I think it's a good quality tail light; thick lens and thus far I have yet to have any fogging issues and I've had them for over a year now. There are about 49 LEDs so when lit on a dark road they seem like rear HIDs. If someone rear-ends you at night, they should do LIFE in prison with these damn lights. I can, however, understand why they are not liked because they poke out from the body about a half inch or so. I wish they were flush as with the stock tail light fitments; but you cant want everything... Anyway, here's how they look.

Off:

Parking:

Parking/ turn signal:

Turn signal:
Old 02-22-2008, 11:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I really like the black ones above, but not for 2.5x the price of the competition. If the were under $150 I might buy them, just to have something different... but for now my Anzo LED's are great.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

price, I'd never heard of them before, lack of backup leds, and the fact that they have the red/amber around the leds

Quick Reply: IPCW LED Tails... Who's got em..?