Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

jdm ichiko style headlamp

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default jdm ichiko style headlamp

Has anybody put a pair of the jdm ichiko style headlamps on their box.
if so do you have any pics you could post. i really like this style. i want to change mine
but i want something diffrent than halo's. just want to see how they look before i throw down the cash.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

I have them but they are not on the car yet. I want to color match them.

I would hurry up cause I just bought mine in november & scionsport.com said there were only 13 sets of black left & they would never get them in again. I didn't really have the money but thought hey I better hurry up & get a set before there gone.

Funny they are still on the website though I think I was taken on another ride by this internet company

Anyway enough BS here are some pics from other sl.com members cars if they don't mind me putting them up. I must compliment them on their xB's they all look great BTW.

& the real Ichiko's on a real bB

I would say go for it, but act now before there all gone
Old 01-28-2006, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

that looks so crazy! how much?
Old 01-28-2006, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i guess i should have done a search, looks like some one posted this question already.
anyway thanks , i think the lights look great. i've got to get them. i really dont think scionsport will run out any time soon. i have an account set up with them. now to let go of the cash. thanks
Old 01-28-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I purchased the ICHIKOH's when they first came out at SCIONSPORT.COM, and George was very helpful, and nice to me.
I kept the Headlights Black due to the color scheme that I am going with.
Only back drop that I have encounter is that the Turn/parking signal comes in clear bulb, and not Amber. Since they do not make a 2 element glass wedge style bulbs in amber, (only in single element) I purchased a ORANGE Sharpie, and I colored the bulbs. This worked out beautifully! BRIGHT ORANGE (Highly Recommended better than stock)
I have switch the Headlight bulbs to WWW.LUMINICSBULBS.COM in Titanium, and JDM Yellow Bright's. I like this Combnation.

Old 01-28-2006, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like them a lot!
Old 01-28-2006, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

the black benzel adds a very cool contrast to your xb.
i will definitely be up grading to this style.
Old 01-28-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by HumanTorch
I purchased the ICHIKOH's when they first came out at SCIONSPORT.COM, and George was very helpful, and nice to me.
Only back drop that I have encounter is that the Turn/parking signal comes in clear bulb, and not Amber. Since they do not make a 2 element glass wedge style bulbs in amber, (only in single element) I purchased a ORANGE Sharpie, and I colored the bulbs. This worked out beautifully! BRIGHT ORANGE (Highly Recommended better than stock)
I have switch the Headlight bulbs to WWW.LUMINICSBULBS.COM in Titanium, and JDM Yellow Bright's. I like this Combnation.
I do want to clear this up as to not start trouble, I think my post was a little more harsh than I intended now that I re-read it.

I love scionsport.com, George is a very helpful guy. I just had 2 bad experiances with the service from them. And for the third, I just wasn't happy I had to rush to spend the money on something I could have waited for. The only reason I had to rush was because it was posted on here by scionsport themselves that there were only 13 more & they would not get anymore in after that. The other issues are water under the bridge & forgotten about. By all means buy from them as I do & will do in the future.

It's probably one of those thing that every now & then a customer just has a bad experiance. With me I just seem to keep being that one customer. It's the luck of the draw.

HumanTorch the lights look great Thanks for the tip on the parking lamps good to know when I finally install mine.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Blue05xB
Originally Posted by HumanTorch
I do want to clear this up as to not start trouble, I think my post was a little more harsh than I intended now that I re-read it.

I love scionsport.com, George is a very helpful guy. I just had 2 bad experiances with the service from them. And for the third, I just wasn't happy I had to rush to spend the money on something I could have waited for. The only reason I had to rush was because it was posted on here by scionsport themselves that there were only 13 more & they would not get anymore in after that. The other issues are water under the bridge & forgotten about. By all means buy from them as I do & will do in the future.

It's probably one of those thing that every now & then a customer just has a bad experiance. With me I just seem to keep being that one customer. It's the luck of the draw.

HumanTorch the lights look great Thanks for the tip on the parking lamps good to know when I finally install mine.
it's all cool =)

I first replied to this post not because you have said anything pos, or neg., and I personally did'nt see it in that manner. I only name dropped "George" because he is the person who deals with all SCION owners/sales, and if anyone else was to do business with SCIONSPORT, he would be the person to contact for SCION products, and that was all.

I understand/agree that, if anyone has had any issues' with any "company" for any repeated neg. service (s), then it does need appropiate attention, and needs to be rectified by that "company" so that they may do business properly in a professional level with their clienteles.

I hope everything works out for you so that you can start Modding your ride. =)
Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so, do these lights have one lens all the way across the front, or no lens except over the parts where the lights are? because in all the pictures you guys posted, it looks like there's not a lens covering the whole thing.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bassist1217
so, no lens except over the parts where the lights are?
Yup. =)
Old 03-25-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ThunderGod
Originally Posted by bassist1217
so, no lens except over the parts where the lights are?
Yup. =)
ok, that helps me make my decision then. i was debating over a set of those or a set of dual halo projectors. i guess i'll be going with the halos.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

whooooa what kind of body kit is that in the 3rd pic? shiiiet
Old 03-25-2006, 10:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by hxckid88
whooooa what kind of body kit is that in the 3rd pic? shiiiet
I am not sure. I just seen some updated pics of that & it has white rims on it now. It is hard to find the site because they are all in Japanese. You have to go through 6 or so different links on like 3 differnt sites. Well at least that is how I found it.

I have tried & can't find it anymore, I should have bookmarked it. Or I should learn to read Japanese

Thunder post a new pic with the Sportmax wheels, you xB looks soooo tight with the new wheels

bassist1217 no lens except over the parts where the lights are, here is a better pic.

Old 03-26-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blue05xB I want a set just like you have in the picture. Are they as bright as the stock lights???
Old 03-26-2006, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

I couldn't answer that because mine are not on the car yet. I took that picture the day before I posted that. I needed pics for body shops to get prices on everything I need painted.

Also I am running Luminics pure blue 9006 in them.

Thundergod & a few others could probably answer that for you. Search Ichiko & a few things should come up for you. Just PM anyone who has a pic of them installed :D

PA huh ? Hope to catch you at a show sometime
Old 05-18-2006, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

bringing this back from the dead a little....how is the aim on these? since they are jdm lights does the beam aim to the left?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

Originally Posted by BangorXB
bringing this back from the dead a little....how is the aim on these? since they are jdm lights does the beam aim to the left?
They aim where they should cause they are USDM knockoff of the JDM. They need major adjustment upon installing. I still don't have them right yet. I am running Luminics Cool Blues & they are horrible in these lights. I am going to do myself a favor & switch to the Titaniums.

All & all the look of these lights installed is awesome

Now if I can just make it so I can see at night !!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by WRxB
Originally Posted by BangorXB
They aim where they should cause they are USDM knockoff of the JDM. They need major adjustment upon installing. I still don't have them right yet. I am running Luminics Cool Blues & they are horrible in these lights. I am going to do myself a favor & switch to the Titaniums.

All & all the look of these lights installed is awesome

Now if I can just make it so I can see at night !!!
same problems i had with the dual halo projector ones...
Old 05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

are they worth the $$

only reason y am i asking, i have a set of projectors now and like every set out there, mine are starting to fog up now.

Quick Reply: jdm ichiko style headlamp