Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Pics of Fiber Images red/black hood installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 02:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Pics of Fiber Images red/black hood installed

Got my Fiber Images red/black hood installed! :D It took about 10 minutes to do and NO ADJUSTMENTS were needed. The hood went on, cleared everything and most important, NO RATTLES like the cheaper hoods!!!! I have a friend that put a cheaper hood on his car and it rattles on the freeway. (Fiber Images stands it ground like the OEM hood) Hope the pics came out ok!

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?i...ulation_page=Y
Old 04-19-2004, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet hood , I wonder how good that would look on a Black Cherry XB :?:
Old 04-19-2004, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the red/black hood cuz all my accents are red. The Red/Black hood really stands out which is exactly what I wanted. Munch, I think it would look killer on your car! :D It really bothers me having our Scion brothers and sisters opting to use the cheaper stuff and then getting disappointed. The quality of the Fiber Images carbon is the best made! It's more expensive but like they say, You get what you pay for. Look at the pics.

Old 04-19-2004, 02:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dsidescion
I got the red/black hood cuz all my accents are red. The Red/Black hood really stands out which is exactly what I wanted. Munch, I think it would look killer on your car! :D It really bothers me having our Scion brothers and sisters opting to use the cheaper stuff and then getting disappointed. The quality of the Fiber Images carbon is the best made! It's more expensive but like they say, You get what you pay for. Look at the pics.

Is it like a bright red or a dark red :?: I can't really tell from the pics.
Old 04-19-2004, 03:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just a general question about your hood.....are you seeing it flutter in the wind when your driving? Do you feel hood pins are nessacary with this type of car?
Old 04-19-2004, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow! :D
That looks great and Munch it would look awesome on a BCP!
Would love to see it with a hood scoop!
Congratulations dsidescion, NICE! I sometimes think it looks a little awkward to see a hood with a color different from the body color of most cars IMO :? but, to each their own and you've got a color scheme working...
Old 04-19-2004, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!
where did u get your headlights?
Old 04-19-2004, 10:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it was anything other than a Fiber Images, I would definitely put the pins in. On the Fiber Imaes hood, I got it up to about 85mph on the way to work today and NO FLUTTER OR RATTLES AT ALL!! I think their stuff is strong enough so no pins for the Fiber Images!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WHOA!! that hood is sick.. is it double sided as well?? looks great.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If it was anything other than a Fiber Images, I would definitely put the pins in. On the Fiber Imaes hood, I got it up to about 85mph on the way to work today and NO FLUTTER OR RATTLES AT ALL!! I think their stuff is strong enough so no pins for the Fiber Images!
randy: that looks hot man!!! you should have tested it out on mine first (then i make a mad dash up north with your hood on... )

that red is the sh*t
Old 04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

looks good

cost?
Old 04-20-2004, 05:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:D Munch, xB ey, this hood would be perfect with your black cherry!! The match is the same color. Now I can't wait to get my red seats! The regular carbon fiber is $450 and the colored ones are $550. Fiber Images has 5 colors, regular carbon, blue, orange, red and yellow. They all look GREAT!!! Can't wait till Fiber Images releases their rear carbon fiber wing!!!!
Old 04-20-2004, 05:45 AM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That hood would definately look sick on a Black Cherry....not too sure about the black though...
Old 04-20-2004, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

That's cool that you got a carbon fiber hood...but why red? I know your accents are red, but IMO it looks out of place. Like as if a bird pooped your regular hood and dented it, so you got a BCP hood =P
Old 04-20-2004, 06:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think it looks great on a black xB
Old 04-20-2004, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought alot about it and on the black box, a regular carbon hood wouldn't stand out at all. With the red carbon, it makes the box stand out, even in a big crowd. :D I guess i'm weird but maybe that's why the call me the "crazy chinaman!"
Old 04-20-2004, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

:D Munch, xB ey, this hood would be perfect with your black cherry!! The match is the same color. Now I can't wait to get my red seats! The regular carbon fiber is $450 and the colored ones are $550. Fiber Images has 5 colors, regular carbon, blue, orange, red and yellow. They all look GREAT!!! Can't wait till Fiber Images releases their rear carbon fiber wing!!!!
Cool I'm gonna order one next week :D
Old 04-20-2004, 05:28 PM

Pic number 4 looks freakin incredible!! i have to say much props on your buy! Now does fiber images have a website? dude, I can't get over on how clean that looks!

Old 04-20-2004, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i got a hot lava would a orange cF hood look sweet on my car or what.. i don't really know that much on cF so what should i do?? is 550 a good price or what.. .can they throw in a induction scoop to cool my engine down?? thankz alot ur car is hot..
Old 04-20-2004, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fiber Images' website is "www.fiberimages.com" but they just got a new web guy so it's not up completely yet. No scoop either cuz I posted to see how many people would want them with a scoop but no one really confirmed.

Quick Reply: Pics of Fiber Images red/black hood installed