Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Projector Headlights to get or not to get ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Projector Headlights to get or not to get ?

Not sure what one's to get. I really like the first one's but I see they are both projectors.and the second one's are a headlight and projector... any info on the lights would help......or anyone who has any experience w/them

thanks Eddie
Old 05-26-2006, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

One of the moderators for Scion Life, Max, has the second ones and he said he likes em, i just got those black ones too.... Love em so far.... I know a couple of guys who run the first set of lights with those three leds, they say they are dissatisfied with build quality, they said that they get a lot of condensation on the lens, their headlights fog up so to speak.... probably poor job on sealinthe housings to the lens...

Hope that helps......personally i really think the second ones are "better," and for $130ish shipped, cant complain... gotta love eBay....

-AleXb.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had both sets:

The first ones with the 3 LEDs were about $300 and they are CRAP! The light they give off is horrible - worse than stock, even with silver stars and one time I did have the driver side one fog up when I went through a car wash.

The second set are AWESOME! Excellent lighting with silver stars, better than stock! They also look A LOT better and cost less - you can get them for a little over $100 from k2motor.com

I would not buy the headlights from ebay, k2motor is a trusted source in my eyes - my headlights had no defects. Just look at my profile for pics of my headlights.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have the black ones and I love them, the first ones I ve only heard bad things about. I got them at K2 motor for 120 shipped and free clear frt turns.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:11 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Like AleXb said, I do have the second set and love them. I got them from seller atomicstreet on eBay.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love the look of the second ones...and i want to get them but they dont have them on k2motor.com anymore....they only have the other ones with the led lights the ones that everyone says SUCKS LOL

Can someone let me kno where i can get them
Old 05-26-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...68578866QQrdZ1

I just got my set from these guys, shipping was really quick and they packed them very well..... Great price too....

-AleXb.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok I would like to Thank Everyone for there input. I guess I only like the first one's because of the 3 leds. I do love the second one's though and for my plans they will look very nice.. so the second one's it is

Thanks again
Eddie
Old 05-28-2006, 03:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

I went to k2motor and couldn't find them. Do they still sell the second ones?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jethro_b
I went to k2motor and couldn't find them. Do they still sell the second ones?
YES they are infact still at k2motor.com, go to the search bar on their site and type in "scion halo" and they come right up.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Tuners

I just bought the second set and if everyone says they are as good as they are I will be very happy........I had the anso style projectors the ones with the led eyebros on my old box and I loved them I just wanted to go with a little different style this time round
Old 05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

For the second pair of headlights listed above - do those use stock headlight bulbs, or different ones? Are they really brighter or the same as stock headlights? Thanks guys.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

does anybody know the difference between the regular projector and the blue projector. k2motor.com has both and i'm not sure what the difference is.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

OK, I found them but the price has gone up some.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Capt_Jack_Sparrow
For the second pair of headlights listed above - do those use stock headlight bulbs, or different ones? Are they really brighter or the same as stock headlights? Thanks guys.
I used silver stars right out of the box and I can tell you with silver stars they are definitely brighter than stock. They actually come with bulbs already and no they aren't the same ones you have in your stock lights. The only thing you need to move over is your signal light bulbs. But...if I were you or anyone else getting these lights you might as well get the silver stars, they usually run about $40 per pair (you only need one pair, the brights are bright enough you don't need silver stars) and if you want to get the silver star signal lights (they look better and of course are brighter) they are only about $10 a pair. Make sure that if you do get the silver stars when you go to put them in DO NOT touch the bulb part with your fingers, the oil from your hands will likely blow the bulb when you go to turn them on and the store will not return your money because it's considered careless on your part.

Originally Posted by SuperMario6582
does anybody know the difference between the regular projector and the blue projector. k2motor.com has both and i'm not sure what the difference is.
As far as I know there is no difference, it's just a visual difference for when your lights are off. If you want your headlights to look clear when they are off then get the clear ones, if you want your lights to look like they have a blue bulb behind them when they are off get the blue ones.

I think me and max did the same with our lights, we both got the BLACK/ w BLUE and we both got silver stars for both our dim lights and turn signal lights. You can definitely tell the difference between a silver star signal light and a regular signal light even while they are off because the regular ones are clear while the silver stars are kind blueish/purpleish so they stand out and look good in my opinion.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:37 AM
ong
5 Year Member
SL Member

hi...I do have a projector headlight but its has a eyelid and its called angel eyes.....
the light bulb used on the projector is different type ,not type H4 but its H3 and I do change the light bulb w/ PIAA and its look better (brighter)......that all info I have and if you need more info just email me.....
Old 05-29-2006, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Tialian - Thanks man, I appreciate the info.

These are the brighter/better ones http://yhst-5006790027353.stores.yah...pxb04jmyd.html ?

What model silver stars did you use for the headlights and turn signals? How hard is it to hook up the new lights?
Old 05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can't remember what bulb it was, it says on the old bulb though that comes with the lights...it's either 9005 or 9006. Same goes for the signal light, it will say what you need on the bulb. When you get the new lights just check the numbers, that's what I did. Went to the autopart store and opened up my hood, looked at the numbers, bought em and popped them in (being careful not to touch the bulb with my hands).

The new lights aren't too hard to hook up, you use the plug already on your car to plug in the new lights. The only thing you need to actually splice wire for is the halos. A friend of mine did mine for me while I watched/assisted.

Max actually has a little write up here: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...asc&&start=200
Old 05-29-2006, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Low beams (projectors) are "9006," the high beams are "H1," and the turn signals are stock.... but if you wanted to buy new ones, the silverstars are available at your local autozone for around $20/pair for turn signal bulbs, and the type is "1157."

-AleXb.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:47 AM
ong
5 Year Member
SL Member

check the pics in my profile

Quick Reply: Projector Headlights to get or not to get ?