Notices
Scion xB 1st-Gen Aero & Exterior Aero parts and exterior dress items...

Rainx latitude Wiper Blades On ebay-

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:37 AM

Default Rainx latitude Wiper Blades On ebay-

I Found thes Rainx latitude wiper Blades On ebay-And They are awesome...The Do Not freeze-Flutter Or streak And Look Pretty Darn Nice On My Ride-Go check them out They Are Rated to Last 3-5 Years,Well Past regular Blades. [/b]
Old 03-16-2007, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i saw a commerial for them and is still very interested
Old 03-16-2007, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

At about $17+ PER BLADE I won't pick those up.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 PM

Why Not,you Purchase Rims Leds Speakers Headlights Bulbs Etc..Etc...So Why Not Some Cool Wipers That Will Add Alittle More Style To Your Ride--I Mean Heck Go To Ebay-Search Rainx Latitude And See A Side By Side Pic Of Regular Blades And These-I See The Difference....
Old 03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

If they made one for the rear wiper, I might do that. That rear blade sucks... and I'm not taking it off.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

post a link of the seller u got urs from
Old 03-16-2007, 05:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Wipers - Latitude Rebate- Do they last?????

I should mention I do a ton of miles and not a wiper expert - but here is my experience.
I saw the latitude they do look interesting - but do they really last 3 years after being in the sun - etc?
If you read their website - Rainx.com - under Latitude FAQ they say to check blades every 6 months and change them once a year - and that severe use can cause them to wear out quicker - sounds a lot less than 3 yrs. Also no warranty.
Over the last 18 months I have tried many wipers. I bought $6-$8 wipers with not great luck. I next bought the old style Rainex - (lot more expensive) and after a short while they were chattering. I was very dissapointed - especially after reading their hype and price I paid. I have used Rainex products for years.
I finally bit the bullet and bought what I thought were the best (and most expensive) from their ads. I spent money for Bosch Exels - claim to last up to 12 months. When new they worked great- probably the best wipers I ever used - slim design. Now after 3 months they are awful - streaking, etc. I checked their warranty- I don't see any guarantee on the package.
Since the autoparts store was closed I went to Walmart -and picked up the cheapest pair I could find(till I could pickup a pair of Bosch) and tried Proline. I am sold - they do an excellent job. Don't know how long they will last - but for $2.68 each I can afford to change them when needed, and then I get a nice shiny new wiper. Their design is similiar to many others- metal - but for the money they are a steal!!! $5 dollars vs $25-$30 for a pair. For me I am not so concerned with wiper style.

FYI. . .

PEPBOYS HAS A LATITUDE BUY 1 GET 1 FREE W/REBATE IN THEIR FLYER THAT EXPIRES ON MARCH 17TH.

FYI - for the rear wiper you can buy an insert only - about $5 and some change from your local stealership. They will probably tell you at first that you have to buy the arm but tell them their is a part number for just the blade - it comes coiled up in a little plastic bag.

Lastly - is it me or the more I see the pictures of new XB- with stock wheels - the uglier it becomes?
Old 03-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Its Easy Just search rainx latitude And They Should PopUp--They Look Impressive To Me On regular Blades You Have All Those (pivot Points) To Go bad Only Takes One Of Them To Freeze Or Get Stuck And Then What Do You Get Streaks And otehr Problems-These Blades Have A Central Connection(In The Middle) And No Pivot Points-The Whole Base Is Curved,As Long as The Base Is In Good Condition The Wiper Should Work Like A Squegee Giving You A Superior Wipe,And They Look sharp..

I ran Out Of letters Available On My Mods To My ride, So, Check back Later after i get it Straightened out
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Originally Posted by VBoxSTL
I ran Out Of letters Available On My Mods To My ride, So, Check back Later after i get it Straightened out
Why don't you add your car to the registry? It'll save you from trying to cram everything into your signature...
In your profile: https://www.scionlife.com/profile/VBoxSTL
There's a vehicle registry on the right hand side. Pop your car in and add the mods.